Leghorn Thread

Pics
I've been so surprised at the social nature of my pearle whites. Everything I've read said they were "flighty" and avoided human contact. This group of new birds (about 3-4 months old) are some of the friendliest and most social chickens I've ever owned. Several come up and all but beg to be held or petted. I'm really enjoying them. I'm amazed at how lanky and thin they are, nothing but feathers and bone but I guess that's what a laying breed is all about. Hopefully they will live up to their reputation of egg production.

I have herd the same but my 2 whites are the same they beg for attention
263a.png
1f413.png

Do the pearl whites come from McMurrays? I have one California White that isn't a lap chicken. But she stands close and looks up at me, then my shoes. She may be yet.

Do rose comb brown leghorn roos look different from the beginning or is there a certain age where they start looking different from the pullits I have 2 suppose to be pullit but one holds its tail a little higher and the tips of the tail feathers are pointed they are almost 10 wks other then that there colors are the same except for mochas comb is a little red

Do rose comb brown leghorn roos look different from the beginning or is there a certain age where they start looking different from the pullits I have 2 suppose to be pullit but one holds its tail a little higher and the tips of the tail feathers are pointed they are almost 10 wks other then that there colors are the same except for mochas comb is a little red

Here is a pic with both of them I can only post one picture at a time on my phone

My memory is horrid.... But I have some growing up right now, so I KNOW (since I was just staring at them the other day), that their first set of feathers are male or female (not all female, then adult feathers different).

In conclusion, both of your girls are clearly girls, because they have the color of girls. Male leghorns never ever grow those colors.

One of the beautiful things about leghorn females is their big full tails with wide strong feathers. Yours are young and not yet confident, so they are holding their tails low. As they get older and more confident (unless they end up on the bottom of the pecking order) they will carry their tails high up and proudly. You will still know that they are girls because all of their tail feathers will be straight. They will not have any of the curving swooping feathers of a rooster.

Hi leghorn folks. I have 3 isabels that are 6 weeks old now. They are cool looking birds. Although they try to commit suicide everytime they see me. They are by far the most skittish breed I have ever had. I may post pics if I can catch one

Back
Top Bottom