Leghorn Thread

Pics
These are 6 weeks old and flying out of a 4ftx4ftx4ft tall brooder. I put screen on top. They fly up and bump their head everytime I get close. Idk. Maybe they just hate me

Chiming in here with pics of my three Leghorns.
big_smile.png
I agree with the fact that our whites are so much more friendly than the brown. We can't even snuggle with any other chickens due to the whites hogging our laps! I must say, I really enjoyed reading this whole thread!

I've been so surprised at the social nature of my pearle whites. Everything I've read said they were "flighty" and avoided human contact. This group of new birds (about 3-4 months old) are some of the friendliest and most social chickens I've ever owned. Several come up and all but beg to be held or petted. I'm really enjoying them. I'm amazed at how lanky and thin they are, nothing but feathers and bone but I guess that's what a laying breed is all about. Hopefully they will live up to their reputation of egg production.
My girl was small until 16 1/2 weeks! she has really plumped up, for leghorn standards anyway..

Thanks a lot!  The white ones are 18 weeks and the brown is 13 weeks.

We spend so much time with them all, but these Leghorns really don't like to share us. We literally have to crate them so we can hold the others! 

Im new to this breed and have not looked at the SOP...but the comb on the bottom bird looks awesome to me.

Back
Top Bottom