Leghorn Thread

Pics
Does anyone have any issues with the white leghorns being flighty? Mine wont let me gt within five feet of them without them running away even though I've raised them since chicks.

Also how do they do in cold weather?

Hi...my three white leghorns are like yours....very flighty.
As for cold weather hardy....they certainly are!. Here in West Quebec it gets to -30c for weeks at a time and they pulled through last winter with no probs.

I'd like to announce that my Brown Leghorn has become a tad bit more friendly. The past few days she has been coming closer and not freaking out so much. Her name is Charlotte and she's 18 weeks.

I have one WLH. She started laying eggs yesterday and he comb flopped over ... are the two events related?

I have one WLH. She started laying eggs yesterday and he comb flopped over ... are the two events related?
I think that is just a coincidence, but when they start laying, their combs do grow. When my leghorns go broody, their combs shrink about half the size.

I have 3 week old leghorns...only 3 of them...I'm pretty sure one is a rooster...it has a very large comb already...and it has started flying feet first at the pen door when I go feed the biddies. Should I worry about this behavior so early on...just wondering!!

I have 3 week old leghorns...only 3 of them...I'm pretty sure one is a rooster...it has a very large comb already...and it has started flying feet first at the pen door when I go feed the biddies. Should I worry about this behavior so early on...just wondering!!

My guy never did that towards us. He was even more loveable when he was younger. I'd say it would be concerning to me. Of course, I'm no expert.

Back
Top Bottom