Let the hilarity ensue...

Nuzzy

Songster
9 Years
Mar 15, 2010
Allegan, MI
Guineas finally arrived at the local Farm & Home today and promptly came home with me!!!!!!!

DSC08721Medium.jpg

DSC08723Medium.jpg

DSC08731Medium.jpg

wee.gif

Guineas are what originally piqued my interested with free ranging birds last year. A few weeks ago we got our first chickens and now we're happy to add guineas to the ever expanding zoo which is our home! I love these quirky little goofs
clap.gif

They are lots of fun to watch! Are those pearls? I only have 5 right now, 1 cock and 4 hens. I will be cooking a couple dozen eggs in the bator this weekend after my turkey hatch. A local feed store here has some about 8 weeks old for $7.00 each. I am thinking about getting them because it would take more money in feed to get them to that stage.

Quote:
Picked up 6 to accompany our 15 chicks. I'd read here that was a decent number to start with, so I suppose we'll see.
smile.png

Quote:
Darn good question...
gig.gif
I asked the guy at the store what types they had and he said, "There's no way to tell this early on."

I knew I'd seen a table referencing the different mature types cross referenced with their keet pics on guineafowl.com, but couldn't remember any of the info. Now that I've gone back to the chart, they sure do look like pearl grays.

Quote:
Ha ha ha I love feed store employees! I was looking at a tub of khaki campbell ducks last week and the guy says "those are mallards" so I said "no, mallards have yellow marks on their back, and lines by their eye" he looks at me like I'm the dumbest being on the planet, sighs and says "well, they don't look like that YET!"
gig.gif
I just went "oh, ok" and walked away laughing.

Congrats on the babies! They're so cute!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom