Lethargic

gooserman

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 28, 2014
Hey guys. I have 3 geese. This morning I found one being lethargic. She won't walk too much. She sits down and just looks around. If I pet her head she will close her eyes. She didn't eat but I gave her water and she drank it. Her poop was dark green with yellow liquid.

What should I do? She is 1 year old in april. We lost another goose 6 months ago in the same way, lethargic during the day and died over night. So I'm worried.

Still no answers? Anyway I noticed that her poop is orange and watery, with a few tiny bits of solid.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I have 3 geese. This morning I found one being lethargic. She won't walk too much. She sits down and just looks around. If I pet her head she will close her eyes. She didn't eat but I gave her water and she drank it. Her poop was dark green with yellow liquid.

What should I do? She is 1 year old in april. We lost another goose 6 months ago in the same way, lethargic during the day and died over night. So I'm worried.

Still no answers? Anyway I noticed that her poop is orange and watery, with a few tiny bits of solid.
Have you checked her for being egg bound or impacted crop issues?

Last edited:
I had one act like that, and she had the beginnings of an impacted crop. I was able to turn her upside down and massage her crop. That worked. I began giving my geese chick grit and this has made a large difference and (knock on wood) no more issues.

Back
Top Bottom