Let's play "Guess the Duckling". What is this thing?!

QuackerJackFarms

Songster
8 Years
Jun 26, 2011
Missouri
Is this a Silver Appleyard? Because... it doesn't look like the other 3, and I've never had this breed before.

Thanks in advance.

I'll repost when it's fluffy, I just got excited. :)

Last edited:
No, actually I bought ALL silver appleyards, and suddenly this thing pops out. LOL. I just want to know if this can happen or what it is.

Either way I love him.
love.gif

Give it a chance to dry out at least as they can look very different once dry. The stripe along the top of the head is expected with appleyards- what are you seeing that makes you think its not an appleyard?

Have you been helping these ones out of the eggs? Looks like they could have done with at least a few more hours even a whole day before giving assistance. They are often weak and will pretty much sleep for the first 24 hours or so when you help them- get them at the right time when the yolk is absorbed and they are pretty much running around when you pop them out.

Give it a chance to dry out at least as they can look very different once dry. The stripe along the top of the head is expected with appleyards- what are you seeing that makes you think its not an appleyard?

Have you been helping these ones out of the eggs? Looks like they could have done with at least a few more hours even a whole day before giving assistance. They are often weak and will pretty much sleep for the first 24 hours or so when you help them- get them at the right time when the yolk is absorbed and they are pretty much running around when you pop them out.
Hey ducky! The others have NO black on them. This one looks totally different. And I'm too excited to wait til it dries. My bad.
big_smile.png

Yes this one pipped at the wrong end. So did one other. Tell me why they do that?

I was just doing a bit of a search for some pics of the others for a comparison - but I cant see any quickly... This one looks pretty much how I would expect it. I only ever had one hatch from pure silver appleyards- and then a hatch of crosses nearly three years ago- but it looks good to me. I will try and find some old pics of mine. They should have black on them for sure though..

I was just doing a bit of a search for some pics of the others for a comparison - but I cant see any quickly... This one looks pretty much how I would expect it. I only ever had one hatch from pure silver appleyards- and then a hatch of crosses nearly three years ago- but it looks good to me. I will try and find some old pics of mine. They should have black on them for sure though..
Ha! That makes me wonder what the other 2 are. LOL. I'll get some pics in a few. They're almost fluffy. (The other ones.)

I can't wait til these guys fluff and the 4th gets out so I can snap a pip. You'll see what I mean. The other 2 are silver with small, faint streaks of black. This one is covered with black. And the bill color is different too. I wonder what the 4th will come out looking like.

Subscribe to this so I can show ya tmw.

Cute duckies BTW!!

Back
Top Bottom