Let's see your Christmas Trees - PIC HEAVY

Quote:
Oh yeah, BTDT! We now get a spruce most years and that helps. Stiff pokey needles-owey! We also tie it to two hooks to keep it from tipping over. We lost all the ornaments on one side one year, but I was responsible for that. I cried for hours over a few that were from my early childhood. My DH found a replacement for my favorite one at the DUMP a few years ago and surprised me with it. Then I really cried!!!

Here's mine. I still haven't gotten the tree topper up yet -- trying to figure out the best way to keep it in place since the top "branches" can't hold much more weight than the lights....

2007Christmastree.jpg

Our family LOVES Christmas!! We go nuts with decorations and Christmas trees!! lol.. Normally, we get a 15 footer... but, this year, we got 3 - 13/14 footers!!! We love FAT trees btw!! It's SO much fun!! Each one of the kids got to decorate their own tree!! hehe... It was awesome! I'll try and post pics later! =]

~Lacey

Quote:
Man! That is one tall tree. Do you know HOW tall? Just curious, because I think if you cut it in pieces I'd have three trees that all reached the ceiling of my LR!
lol.png

If the weather cooperates I think we are going to get our tree in between snow storms this weekend, either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. We've got more than half a foot (sounds like so much more than 6 inches doesn't it??) of new snow today. Even bigger storm coming Saturday. I hope that it is snow rather than rain!

Your trees are so beautiful. Makes me anxious to get my own up! (I know, it's "late" to some folks, but our house is quite small and we really don't have much room to put it, so we wait until closer to Santa Day.)

I just have to share this little story, since some of you mention your cats climbing the trees.

When we were first married, we lived in a small 8 x 40 trailer. It was basically a long hallway with a couple extra large "closets", but we loved our little home. Anyway, we had a Peke-a-poo back then (our first baby). I came home from work one day to find toilet paper strung from one end of the house to the other........and it was NOT torn at all!! Guess he got bored and decided to play with the roll hanging on the wall in the bathroom.

When Christmas rolled around that first year, we had little money for ornaments, but we still made it special with the wooden ones we found for next to no cost. There were angels, santas, teddy bears, jack-in-the-boxes, wreaths.... It really turned out pretty. I came home from work one day to find the ornaments stripped off the tree as far up as the dog could reach. Only, he did chew these! The little monkey!

We had that dog for 16 years, and he never chewed ornaments after that. But, I think that's because we learned a valuable lesson that day, not the dog! LOL

We finally got the tree up today since we're iced in more or less. This storm didn't turn out to be as bad as predicted but it was icy enough this morning to keep us home from church. Here are a few pics:
Christmascard2007.jpg

OChristmastree6.jpg

The first one will probably be our Christmas card, or as it may turn out, New Year's card!
Edited to add this one:
Stanunderthetree.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Wow the trees are so beautiful about to upload mine, but Ozark I have that same lamp beside my tree in my living room, I've never seen one like it before. Wierd to see it, I love that lamp.

Back
Top Bottom