Let's share our chicken decor!

My husband got me this for Christmas, he found it in a local antique store.

It's beautiful! And very thoughtful of your husband!

I shall, I have made some fish, dragons, and horns for people to wear including my unicorn horn with it. Also little teddy bears. Have been watching people do a bunch of other things with it lately and leanring new sculpting tricks so I might have to start little with fluffy chicks and move up to hens and maybe try out a nice rooster or two. I like to use glass marbles for the eyes of my critters I make just because it looks cool and works fantastic for baby animals with those big shinny eyes.

Looking forward to seeing what you make with the clay, it sounds fun to work with!

Santa was good to the chicken lovers at our house!

Calling out all you bakers...this contest has a great prize worthy of any chicken decor collectors! post #1
(The contest is open to all members, you do not have to be participating in the NYD Hatchalong.)

Santa was good to the chicken lovers at our house!

Wow, so many great gifts, you must have been very, very good this year:)

Calling out all you bakers...this contest has a great prize worthy of any chicken decor collectors! post #1
(The contest is open to all members, you do not have to be participating in the NYD Hatchalong.)
It looks like a really fun contest, even if y'all don't enter, the entries thus far are worth seeing.

Not sure this qualifies as decor, but wanted to get the word out about this movie:

My oldest son saw it on CMT and even though he thinks I'm slightly unhinged about chickens, he enjoyed it so much he gave me the dvd for Christmas. I've already watched it twice, it's that good.

Here's a brief summary about it: "Chicken People is a funny and uplifting look at the world of show chickens and the people who love them. Starting at the largest national poultry competition, likened to the Westminster Dog Show for chickens, Chicken People follows three top competitors over the course of a year as they grapple with life's challenges while vying to win the next year's crown. Both humorous and heartfelt, Chicken People is an unforgettable celebration of the human spirit."

Not sure this qualifies as decor, but wanted to get the word out about this movie:

My oldest son saw it on CMT and even though he thinks I'm slightly unhinged about chickens, he enjoyed it so much he gave me the dvd for Christmas. I've already watched it twice, it's that good.

Here's a brief summary about it: "Chicken People is a funny and uplifting look at the world of show chickens and the people who love them. Starting at the largest national poultry competition, likened to the Westminster Dog Show for chickens, Chicken People follows three top competitors over the course of a year as they grapple with life's challenges while vying to win the next year's crown. Both humorous and heartfelt, Chicken People is an unforgettable celebration of the human spirit."

I have got to see this one....several people who find out I have chickens have asked me if I have seen this movie. Never heard of it, but will investigate:)

Back
Top Bottom