Let's share our chicken decor!

Great find.   If you really want to paint it - you can use just art acrylic paint.  But,  whether concrete or not - it will fade or chip off and not be pretty for long.

IMO - leave it natural, but If you really do want it painted, just pick grey or black and go one color and you can easily do that - and it won't take attention away from the flowers.

If it is really concrete - it would be very heavy, with time and age it gets better.

Thanks for the advice. Don't want any chipping or anything. I think I'll leave it plain. It has a really pretty tail feathers at the back too. I would hate to paint it then not like it at much.

Thanks for the advice. Don't want any chipping or anything. I think I'll leave it plain. It has a really pretty tail feathers at the back too. I would hate to paint it then not like it at much.

You can get some basic enamel paint, either black or brown and thin it down with the mineral spirits for a more pronounced antiquing effect. You apply the diluted paint and wipe off the surface areas immediately and it'll stay in the cracks.

I haven't tried it, but you can use buttermilk I think to encourage green moss/mold growth for an aged appearance. I have several concrete statues that have their own real green moss from just time and not washing. The cement gets darker and the greenish areas look awesome.
If you google it, there are ways to expedite or simulate the process. The more natural appearance, the more I like it. If you elect to paint for one flower grouping, it may not go with the next? But natural goes with everything.

I haven't tried it, but you can use buttermilk I think to encourage green moss/mold growth for an aged appearance. I have several concrete statues that have their own real green moss from just time and not washing. The cement gets darker and the greenish areas look awesome.
If you google it, there are ways to expedite or simulate the process. The more natural appearance, the more I like it. If you elect to paint for one flower grouping, it may not go with the next? But natural goes with everything.

Interesting about the buttermilk. When we lived in FL, we tried to keep moss/mold off of things, never thought to find out what could be done to encourage it, lol.

Interesting about the buttermilk. When we lived in FL, we tried to keep moss/mold off of things, never thought to find out what could be done to encourage it, lol.

I have a cement cat on my deck which faces north/west - it took years to see a natural aging patina and moss grow on it and it was awesome. We hired a painter who also power washed and restrained the deck one year....the idiot power washed the cement cat down to a clean new appearance. I was so mad when I got home that day...
barnie.gif

I have a cement cat on my deck which faces north/west - it took years to see a natural aging patina and moss grow on it and it was awesome.   We hired a painter who also power washed and restrained the deck one year....the idiot power washed the cement cat down to a clean new appearance.  I was so mad when I got home that day...:barnie

:hugs A guy who cleans too good! Lol!

I have a cement cat on my deck which faces north/west - it took years to see a natural aging patina and moss grow on it and it was awesome. We hired a painter who also power washed and restrained the deck one year....the idiot power washed the cement cat down to a clean new appearance. I was so mad when I got home that day...
barnie.gif

hugs.gif
A guy who cleans too good! Lol!

Wow, someone that goes above & beyond on their job. Practically unheard of these days!

(Sorry about your long awaited patina.)

Back
Top Bottom