Lets talk about goats!

Pics
I just got into goats. It's funny cuz when I first started my little farm I said absolutely no goats bc I have no use for them. Until I came across goat milk! Lol Now I have 2 dairy does and one dairy buck. And I have to say I really like them! Them and my mini zebu are so much fun!

I just got into goats. It's funny cuz when I first started my little farm I said absolutely no goats bc I have no use for them. Until I came across goat milk! Lol Now I have 2 dairy does and one dairy buck. And I have to say I really like them! Them and my mini zebu are so much fun!
Awesome! What breed(s) are they? I want to get Pygmy goats. :) Goats are soooooo awesome!

P.S I really like Nubians, Nigerian Dwarfs, and Kinders too!
smile.png

Last edited:
My buck is a Nubian. One doe a lamancha and the other a mini alpine. Pictures in order. Lol

My boy Clyde. Having difficulties uploading the other pics.
Nice! He is beautiful! I am so jealous right now haha!
More pics!!!!!!!!!!
droolin.gif
When I get my goats all of BYC will know because I will have hundreds of pics on every thread on here! My goats will be famous! lol

Hey! I don't have goats but I have read every book I can get my hands on about them and work with a guy who does have them. He has Nubians and Saanens. I wanted to get into breeding kinders, no one around here sells them.

I want some goats, but its taking a lot of convincing for my husband. I need to learn more form people who actually have them. Some websites are informative, but they dont cover the real questions, like, are they really fun or just a chore?

Do you have to process the milk, or can it be consumed straight from the bucket?

How much do they really eat?

Do they need special hoof care?

Do they need special suppliments?

Do they really eat everything?

Are they smart enough not to eat poison plants?

What sort of care do they need?

Are they lots of work like a horse?

Are they smelly like rabbits?

Are they mean?

Are you planning to breed, is that what the buck is for?

Do you plan to eat the offspring?

Im going to be watching this thread! I want to learn all i can!

What is a good breed for a new goat herder?

What sort of space requirements do they have?

Last edited:
Hey! I don't have goats but I have read every book I can get my hands on about them and work with a guy who does have them. He has Nubians and Saanens. I wanted to get into breeding kinders, no one around here sells them.
Do it Megan! Kinders are awesome!

Back
Top Bottom