Lets talk about goats!

We only have three, 1 is a Saanen, 1 is half Saanen and half dwarf, 1 is mostly Nubian 1/4 Boar, we used to have a full Nubian.

Anyway, we have found the hoof trimming about the same for all of the full sized girls. The half sized one is easier to trim.

The half sized girl, Mozzie, though adorable, super fun and sweet, is VERY DIFFICULT to keep fenced in.I wish I had been told that the smaller ones are harder to fence.
I Kind of figured that. I bought some used chain link fence for a goat yard near the barn. Expect to use hot wire with the regular fencing. Keeps bears out and goats in.

Hi everyone! Hope your all well. My goats are doing great. So far winter hasn't been too hard for them. Couple of cracked hoofs and Stetson, the love of my life, has a cold.
20180125_150230.jpg
20180125_150225.jpg
20180124_123916.jpg
20180123_122155.jpg

Watch that cold...can progress quickly, especially during this season. For improved immunity feed oregano and garlic with a squirt of B Complex vitamins (from Walmart). Just put it in a peanut butter and honey sandwich...down the hatch.

So today I'm wearing my "goats make me happy, you not so much" shirt at work and a guy asks me if I do goat yoga. I must have looked blankly at him too long because he starts telling me his daughter is charging people like 35 bucks an hour to do yoga while her 24 goats run around lol. Good for her. I'd be worried about someone loosing an eye! He said she had 250 people at the last one!!

Yeah, I’ve seen videos. All I can think about is how they are teaching the goats that it’s okay to jump all over people. It might be cute with a 10 lbs kid, not so cute with a 60-80 lbs adult.

Right! My Violet is cute but I definitely wouldn't make myself vulnerable to her. I feel like if she saw me bent over touching my toes she'd definitely knock me over!

So today I'm wearing my "goats make me happy, you not so much" shirt at work and a guy asks me if I do goat yoga. I must have looked blankly at him too long because he starts telling me his daughter is charging people like 35 bucks an hour to do yoga while her 24 goats run around lol. Good for her. I'd be worried about someone loosing an eye! He said she had 250 people at the last one!!

OMG :lau

Back
Top Bottom