Lets talk CHICKS

Our brooder is done! The chicks are 2 weeks old this weekend and we'll transition them then. They will live in the basement now until late April-early May.

I started handling my chicks the day I brought them home (they had just hatched that morning). I would hold them on a towel near my neck so they could cuddle under my neck like they do under momma hen. They are not yet a week old and when I open the brooder door (big dog crate) they flutter onto my lap to cuddle. You're gonna love them.
Let me see if I can post a picture. This is from yesterday.

I wish mine did that
sad.png

great info!! I'm picking up new chicks tomorrow and not sure what age...when I answered the ad for them, they were advertised at a few weeks old..went to check it again for the phone number and now she has ad as 1wk olds and different varieties. Red Star, Black Star and Amber Whites, I was going for just the Ambers but now I might get some of each! lol I haven't had babies before, so this will be new for me (the youngest I've gotten were 3mths). Love the brooder you built! I have a box/cage that I can easily convert into one. and sounds like I better make room inside somewhere for them if they are as young as I think they are.

Back
Top Bottom