Let's talk Cuckoo and WHITE marans... breeding strategies...

What is responsible for brown chick down in some lines of golden cuckoo as opposed to black? How can two birds that hatched brown produce some chicks with brown chick down and some with black? I'm new to this variety.

What is responsible for brown chick down in some lines of golden cuckoo as opposed to black? How can two birds that hatched brown produce some chicks with brown chick down and some with black? I'm new to this variety.
the Golden Cuckoos are autosexing... Females will be brown with a white/cream headspot, males will be grey with a headspot. males with only one copy of the barring gene will look like females at hatch. post pics of your chicks please

the Golden Cuckoos are autosexing... Females will be brown with a white/cream headspot, males will be grey with a headspot. males with only one copy of the barring gene will look like females at hatch. post pics of your chicks please
Ok So how come I have some chicks that are brown and some that are black almost like a regular cuckoo chick? I ordered 8 Golden cuckoos from The Fancy Chick and she sent me 14!! Any how I have 7 that are black or dark gray that look like regular cuckoo and some that definitely look like the male chicks and then a few that are almost a chocolate brown color. I'll try and get some pictures but with 4 kids and a 9 month old baby, over 100 chickens, 2 cows, 4 cats and a dog... I don't have a lot of free time these days!

Does anyone know if the GCM Standard is going to go toward the lighter or darker roos? I have both and wish I knew which way to head from here.

any opinions?

Back
Top Bottom