Let's talk Cuckoo and WHITE marans... breeding strategies...

Quote:
Pretty sure I was saying bad thing about you yesterday did you win these on Ebay? You out bid me
hit.gif
But..... I got a second chance offer
yippiechickie.gif

I'm really happy you got a second chance. I figured if I didn't win I would email the seller and ask when she would sell more and eventually win them. I've been trying to get White Marans without spending a fortune. One seller on the web wanted $20.00 an egg, out of my price range. We'll have to keep in touch and see how both our hatchings go.

Yes we will! We can do a hatch along
jumpy.gif

Too bad we didn't know we were bidding against each other I would have backed off and then we both could have payed less! I do hope they hatch well for both of us.
Yes I have seen some of those $20.00 eggs
hu.gif
at the end of the day they are still chickens!!

Quote:
Wew wee $20 an egg?? Not even for an Ostrich!!

I hope to have some nice ones to share next year. I still have four of my hens but I only using two to breed with the ones I just hatched. I still have 7 of them. I think they are the nicest whites I have ever seen. If they carry the egg color or better than what they came from they will be AWESOME!! All of them are double white with feathered shanks. I am just hoping for type as good as what I had already or better....only time will tell.

OhBigMomma I am hoping you have eggs to share next year too! We need to get those Whites out there! I think a good White is one of the prettiest Marans.

Quote:
Me too! The Whites and the solid Blacks and Blues are my favorite. Mostly because it is so easy to get a "perfect" colored one
wink.png
I have some really beautiful powdery blue teens out there right now. I can't wait to see them all next Spring!!

I just hatched some solid Blacks and solid Blues of others stock so we will see what I get I have the solid (no copper) Splash that I am working on egg color now. I just love Marans I guess!!

Quote:
Me too! The Whites and the solid Blacks and Blues are my favorite. Mostly because it is so easy to get a "perfect" colored one
wink.png
I have some really beautiful powdery blue teens out there right now. I can't wait to see them all next Spring!!

Please post some pictures of your marans. I also have decided to raise Marans. Cuckoo, BCM, and White. Mine are only 2 months old and I still have to incubate the white marans. What Roo do you suggest I keep? do you keep your whites seperate from your other Marans? I also have a couple of Ameraucana's so the grandkids can see blue eggs.

I know you were probably looking for OhBigMamma's birds but I like to show mine too!

20296_solid_blue_marans.jpg

20296_black_copper_marans.jpg

20296_golden_cuckoo_marans.jpg

20296_blbcm.jpg

I keep all my birds seperate all the time now except the grow out pens.

Yes they are! I hatched my quad last year and hatched some from another breeder this year that are coming along nicely. So I hope to add to that population soon, My egg color needs work but hopeing to chg that some with the new blood much darker eggs this time so
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom