Let's talk Cuckoo and WHITE marans... breeding strategies...

big_smile.png
Finally got my white marans eggs today, wish me a good hatch I hope UPS was gently handling the box. They were packed really good. I'll let them rest today put them in tomorrow and 21 days from now I'll let everyone know if there white. The eggs came from Missouri so hope the Ups didn't shake them up to much.

Last edited:
Quote:
Got mine this AM will set tonight, I am going out of town early in the morning. So we will be hatching together Yeah! Nice color and she sent extras very well packed (thank goodness) the UPS guy drop them on the sidewalk right in front of me instead of handing them over. I just about went crazy had to go to my office quick so I didn't get nasty.

Quote:
Mine look the same. Hope we have great luck, I'd like to watch a few White Marans walking around. I will then have BCM's and Ameracuana's. I almost forgot but I'm hatching a couple of Polish because the grandkids wanted some with funny head feathers. What other chickens do you have?

Mine are almost all Marans. BCM, BLCM, Splash, Golden Cuckoo, Black (still chicks), Solid Blue,
fl.gif
Whites. I also have Excheqer Leghorns (chicks),Bantams cochin and frizzle, Pied Peafowl, And just hatched 2 bibbed and 1 magpie call ducks. Full House!!

Quote:
Raven, did you let him know how precious your package was and that he may have just damaged/killed the contents?
sad.png

My rural mail carrier lady calls me when she gets close to my place....that way I can meet her at the gate and she carefully hands them over the gate to me. She knows I don't want those special eggs to sit at the gate in the cold or heat. My hens always give her a doz fresh eggs to say thank you for taking such good care of us. She even remembers to save & bring me egg cartoons.
big_smile.png

Hope your dropped eggs come through with a good hatch for you
thumbsup.gif
and best of luck with educating your UPS guy.
smack.gif

Well yes my daughter told him about it nicely I had to go or I was going to show my butt. The good news is they were double boxed and very well padded so I think they will be ok after there rest. Thank you for the good hatch vibes!!

Back
Top Bottom