Let's talk Cuckoo and WHITE marans... breeding strategies...

Here is the mottled ones
20296_splash_009.jpg

20296_splash_001.jpg

Here is a blue
20296_splash_003.jpg

The first hatch is about 4 months old now and still have that look. I like it myself so I am going to grow them out and breed to see if they can reproduce the pattern on offspring who know but I am hoping.

PHarris I have 9 out of 10 of the Whites in lockdown
wee.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
celebrate.gif
how are yours doing? I have been hatching alot but this time I am almost glued to the bator good thing I have to go to work everyday.

Quote:
I had intended to get new pictures last night but got home late I will try and get some tonight they really are pretty.

Last edited:
Quote:
I put mine in lockdown yesterday afternoon. This is only my second hatch. Keeping my fingers crossed they hatch.
fl.gif
I really want white marans. Looks like you;ve been having good luck on hatching, what kind of incubator do you have. I only have an LG forced air incubator and I'm worried if i've done everything right such as airflow, temp and humidity. I keep going to the bator thinking I see something but just an illusion. Best of luck to you, let me know how it's going.

Quote:
Those are cute little bantams!! I have one blue female full grown 1 yr old hen who is the same size as my 3 1/2 to 4 mos old pullets. I knew she was really small and her mama was small too but not as little as her. She was out running around the other day and came up to my young birchen girl and the birchen pullet is practically bigger than this small hen!! She looks terrible right now due to roos pulling her head feathers out when they are holding on, or I'd post some pics....

fl.gif

Quote:
I put mine in lockdown yesterday afternoon. This is only my second hatch. Keeping my fingers crossed they hatch.
fl.gif
I really want white marans. Looks like you;ve been having good luck on hatching, what kind of incubator do you have. I only have an LG forced air incubator and I'm worried if i've done everything right such as airflow, temp and humidity. I keep going to the bator thinking I see something but just an illusion. Best of luck to you, let me know how it's going.

I wish you the very best of luck!!!! I just have a LG same as you but of course I have three of them
th.gif
can you say addict
Quit the worry if they are going to hatch they will you would be amazed at what they will overcome just read around on a few threads at all the different things that go wrong and still they hatch. Just do the best you can and sit back.
fl.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
Cool pictures. I like the "quarterback" black stripe under that cockerel's eye.
They look like they have wheaten and some kind of black restriction in them. If you're getting blues from putting your roo over black hens, then he's definitely got the double blue splash genes. And single factor barring if you're getting some barred and some solid blues.

True mottling is actually a white tip on a darker feather, on each feather. Your chicks look like they have black restriction genes, either Darkbrown or Columbian. I would guess Db, I have a cockerel with similar lighter pattern on his head and breast but is darker on his back and tail, who carries Db. He's gold based though, so his head and breast are barred buff. He is a birchen x wheaten barnyard mix.

Do you have both cockerels and pullets in the mottled color? You could try crossing them later and see what comes out. I'd guess that you'd have more white and less black.

Back
Top Bottom