Let's talk Cuckoo and WHITE marans... breeding strategies...

I do have 2 pullets and a cockerel that I am going to grow out and see what they can do. I got a couple of snaps last night so you can see them. They will be 11 wks Sat.
Pullets
20296_pond_and_chicks_002.jpg

Cockerel
20296_pond_and_chicks_003.jpg

I also woke up to this
20296_pond_and_chicks_028.jpg

20296_pond_and_chicks_029.jpg

They are not due till tomorrow but had one little one that is an early bird
lol.png
I will put up a better picture when I can get "her" out of the bator with all her siblings that I hope show up.

Awww! I love the mottleds. Is the chick a white or a wheaten?

Those 2 "mystery marans" I posted pics of a while back turned out to be 2 girls
smile.png
I still don't know what they are but I am definitely keeping them now.

Love the mottles Raven and congrats on the the little early chick!!
big_smile.png

Have my first gold cuckoo eggs are cookin now, today is day 7 so I will candle this evening to see what's growing. I did crack one open yesterday and it was definitely fertile.
clap.gif

I have a trio of all French golds but do have my wheaten cockerel's still in with them as he was suppose to be sold and leaving. (don't you just love it when people commit to buy then never pay!
rant.gif
) So I am not sure what this round of chicks will come out?? but know both boys are now covering the girls. Going to try and move the wheaten out this weekend, just not sure where to put him. Would be nice to find him a new home.
wink.png

Quote:
I'll probably have my nose glued to the incubator now. she's so cute I can hardly wait. Hope they all hatch for you. At what temp do you have the humidity? I worry about not enough humidity.

Quote:
Keep us posted. It's an unusual pattern. One of the pullets definitely is showing black, not a diluted blue. Maybe barring + columbian or darkbrown.
If you cross them later, you should get some with the separate components that are combining to make this pattern.

Congrats on the white! My #3 white rooster got a stay of execution this weekend, because I like his comb, and his roachback seems to be a lot less "humpy" than it was when he was a cockerel. He's got perfect shank feathering too. #1 has everything going for him except comb and size. #2 has the worst comb but the best size. #3 might end up being the best compromise in the end, depending on how he fills out. He's a big wuss though, the other two kick his bum.

Back
Top Bottom