Let's talk Cuckoo and WHITE marans... breeding strategies...

Thanks for the good hatching vibes I wish I was at home instead of work but then again I am sure I would be glued to the bator so I don't know.

Well my White Marans hatch is complete. I started with 10 eggs, 9 made it to lock down. All 9 pipped, 8 hatched and one pipped on the bottom of the egg and at the wrong end by the time I got home it was too late I am guessing it drowned. Here are a couple of shots I took this morning before work.
20296_white_marans_008.jpg

20296_white_marans_009.jpg

I am soooo thrilled!

Quote:
They are all so cute. What a great hatch. So far I had 1 hatch and 1 died like yours. I have one more pip so far I'll still keep my fingers crossed

what will i get from crossing cuckoo maran pullets with bcm roo i have 9 out of 12 chicks that i got as day olds 2 are cuckoos and the rest are bcm i ended up with the 1 roo at first i was a bit mad at the feed store because they had told me that my chicks were all pullets and that they were jersey giants well they are marans and i got 1 roo out of them but now im likeing them alot the roo is friendly and the rest of them are too and sence i only paid 2.49 each for them im thinking i got a great deal on them also

Back
Top Bottom