Let's talk Cuckoo and WHITE marans... breeding strategies...

OK here are some better pics...I am thinking hens? They are 11 weeks old...all have combs none are showing red yet ....any guesses?

53380_129.jpg

53380_127.jpg

53380_121.jpg

53380_123.jpg

wow that makes me excited YAY!!....makes up for the 8 out of 12 marans being roos...anyone need black or blue copper maran roos???? only 2-3 weeks old and man those combs....I think I am starting to get the hang of this MAYBE
cool.png

Last edited by a moderator:
1newegg-I know but I hate to have soooo many roos myself. Hope you get 8 outstanding roos!

Pharris-My whites are coming right along how are yours doing? I can't tell sexes yet but have a few guesses.

Quote:
if the rooster has only one barring gene you can get a chick like what you hatched which is probably a pullet...and she might even get a copper necklace or a silver one you just never know.....

If theis is the case would all the offspring from this rooster be black or just a few every now and then? As for the other persons question, the bottoms of its feet are black too.

Quote:
I believe I have one Roo which I hoping for. I'm in the process of ordering more eggs from her since I only had three hatch. She said since the weather is so hot the girls are on strike so it will be awhile.

Quote:
if the rooster has only one barring gene you can get a chick like what you hatched which is probably a pullet...and she might even get a copper necklace or a silver one you just never know.....

If theis is the case would all the offspring from this rooster be black or just a few every now and then? As for the other persons question, the bottoms of its feet are black too.

I think the percentage is 50% but that doesn't mean that's what you get every hatch.....I've hatched some blacks from a blue to blue pen that the lady I got the eggs from never got.......now if they will feather out 100% silver birchen ..... I'm going to try and get some more pictures today as these birchens are for my cuckoos I'm on the feathered leg quest without lightening the eggs...at least the eggs they are from were dark.

Back
Top Bottom