Let's talk Cuckoo and WHITE marans... breeding strategies...

I would lke to see a better picture of him then, he appears to have feathered shanks also. He would be out of my first roo, but the same hens as the others.

Quote:
Isn't that pasifino? Verlaj was just talking about them= a page back .

I have golden cuckoos from Melissa. 2 girls and 2 boys. My roos pretty much look the same as Verlaj's. One of my hens in a darker (more silver) than the other and the darker one has the tiniest little feather stubbs on her legs so I am gonna be using her to get the feathering back on. All mine are pretty calm and mellow EXCEPT one of the roos that I named Chop Chop...He is a major spaz. He gets really freaked out when people try to pick him up..not mean at all but thinks he will fall or something. He starts kicking his feet wildly and scratches. He looks better than the other one (colorwise) but I am debating on even using him because he is so high strung. The girls are calm now so maybe the offspring will be okay.

Last edited:
Hey Becky- here's some more shots of that little roo. I think we'll call him Pupmkinhead. Or maybe Jack
tongue.png

28521_newlavsbirds_007.jpg

28521_newlavsbirds_010.jpg

And here's that pullet from Westknollamy that is filling out more every day. I can't wait for eggs from her and her sis (the really red cuckoo girl without a head in the back).

28521_newlavsbirds_056.jpg

Just got the perfect bird for my Crele project. He is a Dick Dickerson cockerel I was given for free. Just in the right place at the right time at the Crossroads Show. And have a half dozen Silver Duckwing pullets who will be ready to be turned loose with him when they get to the egg laying age.

scaled.php

Silver Duckwing + Cuckoo = Silver Crele

038-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom