Let's talk Cuckoo and WHITE marans... breeding strategies...

Quote:
I made my own Silver Duckwings. They are offspring from my Silver Birchen cockbird Bruno. I used him with a special hen that came about from my 1/2 Buff Orp and 1/2 Meyer Hatchery Black cockerel mix I call BUSTOFF's offspring. A total surprise from breeding these two together. But, I figure there is Marans in them and better take advantage with them using this Dickerson Cuckoo cockerel. There are no gaurantees. But from what one of my friends who knows more about genetics then most on BYC, he said, these breedings will most liely make Silver Crele.

Quote:
I made my own Silver Duckwings. They are offspring from my Silver Birchen cockbird Bruno. I used him with a special hen that came about from my 1/2 Buff Orp and 1/2 Meyer Hatchery Black cockerel mix I call BUSTOFF's offspring. A total surprise from breeding these two together. But, I figure there is Marans in them and better take advantage with them using this Dickerson Cuckoo cockerel. There are no gaurantees. But from what one of my friends who knows more about genetics then most on BYC, he said, these breedings will most liely make Silver Crele.

Super cool project- you will have to keep us updated on your results (pic pics pics LOL).

Sweet! Wishing you good hatching vibes~~ Are these whites from your own stock or did you buy them from someone? I mostly have only seen white marans eggs on ebay lol. I don't know if they are a good place to get them or not. I do like white birds. I have white orps and white leghorn and some light brahmas (ok they aren't totally white but mostly lol) they just look so pretty in the garden
smile.png

Originally met the seller on Ebay. Had a good hatch early this spring very nice chicks but sadly lost them with the rest of my spring crop to a predator or my own dogs, I think it was a combo effort. I think something got into them and the dogs were excited trying to get it and got zoned in on the chicks. So I had to try again they were just that nice!

Quote:
So sorry about the loss of your babies. I sure lost my share of birds this year and most of them were hens or pullets grrrrr!!! I hope next year is much better for me and everyone else here.

Quote:

Super cool project- you will have to keep us updated on your results (pic pics pics LOL).

Thanks. I have Bruno incharge of the Silver Duckwings. And his Ray V BCM hen is the only hen in with him at the moment.
Bruno is taking charge and even has my Ameraucanas in line. My main Blue AM cock is no match for Bruno. And he won BV at last year's Ohio Natl's

011xso.jpg

I have some updated chick pics of my golden cuckoo projects.
These are from Becky's eggs- looks like I got 3 out of 3 boys
sad.png
But they are big, hearty and very outgoing.

28521_birdsgoats_086.jpg

And these are from those NC eggs that are supposed to be Braden? I will have to look that up again.
28521_birdsgoats_094.jpg

28521_birdsgoats_096.jpg

I think this is one boy and 2 girls, with the girls being more visually golden so far. The boy is kinda slow feathering so he is a wait-and-see.

One more- these chicks are so pretty!
28521_birdsgoats_091.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom