LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Next, the ducks, Mochi and Matcha. I thought Matcha was a Swedish Blue, but she's black, and I don't think she's purebred. Mochi is an absolutely gorgeous Buff, though.

View attachment 3761652
View attachment 3761653
View attachment 3761654

View attachment 3761656

And finally, just because I got a good shot of her, a beautiful female Muscovy. I think she's one of my prettiest ones.

View attachment 3761658
Very pretty! :love

Bad news about my chicks. The hatchery did not specify their minimum number had to be all one colour. There is no way I am buying 15 Brahma hens, and I really really wanted an assortment of OEGB colours, but again, not a flock of 15.

This annoys me to no end. My reasoning in different colours isn't just for variety, it's because I don't want related birds when it comes to breeding.

I’ve saved some of my WHs (Figgy, Blackberry, Mango) they’ve molted before so I do have something of the two, I just don’t know which feather belongs to who
I have some feathers from Doula and a barred one from Moose.
I have so many moulted feathers, I could make another flock! :lau

I save all of the pretty ones.
I have a vase filled with a feather from almost every chicken I’ve had that died. Some are from like 2016. IMG_4215.jpeg Plus all the feathers I think are pretty when they molt. Also I have an assortment of feathers from different birds (egret, flamingo, owl, hawk, eagle, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom