LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

If I got ducks I feel like they would either make or break my mental health.
Mine do both simultaneously
It's really fun

But really, they mainly make it better, I have a lot of anxiety attacks. When my girls were house ducks, the amount of times I'd get upset and go sit with them to calm down. They'd climb on my lap, chew my clothes, they'd let me hug n squish em. They seemed to know when I was upset.

In fact, when Dougie was a teen, she went through that typical phase of not wanting to be touched much etc. One day I got a text from someone I hated very much, triggered a panic attack, I sat on a chair next to my duck pen and Dougie stood by my side the entire time looking at me and chirping with concern. She let me stroke her, for ages, she wouldn't leave. That was a massive bonding moment with her, and she liked affection ever since.

I've been thinking of doing an aseel ISA brown cross, to see how much the aseel genes fix the bad ISA brown ones, would this be legal? (Since ISA brown are a secret and all)

Mine do both simultaneously
It's really fun

But really, they mainly make it better, I have a lot of anxiety attacks. When my girls were house ducks, the amount of times I'd get upset and go sit with them to calm down. They'd climb on my lap, chew my clothes, they'd let me hug n squish em. They seemed to know when I was upset.

In fact, when Dougie was a teen, she went through that typical phase of not wanting to be touched much etc. One day I got a text from someone I hated very much, triggered a panic attack, I sat on a chair next to my duck pen and Dougie stood by my side the entire time looking at me and chirping with concern. She let me stroke her, for ages, she wouldn't leave. That was a massive bonding moment with her, and she liked affection ever since.
Aw. I’m glad they help you. ive tried to go sit with my chickens when I feel like sh*t but they all just run away from me. Or stand on the back of my neck with poop coverd feet.

Back
Top Bottom