LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

A freebie duckling?
Hmm, at least you don't have surprise extra boys I guess, what will you if you're all girls?
Yep, a freebie. I have st. Run coming in 2 months, so odds are I'll have a boy there if I don't have one here,but Metzer sounded like it might be a bit better quality, so I figured I may as well get a male from here too and see which I preferred for half my genetics

Accidentally slept in despite actually getting sleep last night.
My friend and I are hanging out tomorrow around noon at my house to watch a show and I'm really excited!

Also, I keep letting both 5-6wk old chicks out to free range with the hens and I'm so proud of my hens for being friendly towards them. Aside from a few pecks here and there, they're not chasing or trying to kill them. I think the fact that chicks have been raised alongside the flock in the past has really helped.

Accidentally slept in despite actually getting sleep last night.
My friend and I are hanging out tomorrow around noon at my house to watch a show and I'm really excited!

Also, I keep letting both 5-6wk old chicks out to free range with the hens and I'm so proud of my hens for being friendly towards them. Aside from a few pecks here and there, they're not chasing or trying to kill them. I think the fact that chicks have been raised alongside the flock in the past has really helped.
Aw. I’m glad they are integrating well.

Training went well. His movement is amazing, his back leg placement not so much. This is going to be the last thing I'm going to say about dogs, (unless yall want to keep talking about dogs even though we already have ;) ) when I took out the show lead for training, Buddy was jumping up and down, and basically leashed himself before I could even put it around his neck. This is how showing/show dogs should be, happy and excited to do the work (and by work I mean receiving high value treats for literally standing pretty and prancing around a ring) its basically like a performance, when they see the show lead they know what they need to do and are more than happy to stand pretty to receive treats for it

Training went well. His movement is amazing, his back leg placement not so much. This is going to be the last thing I'm going to say about dogs, (unless yall want to keep talking about dogs even though we already have ;) ) when I took out the show lead for training, Buddy was jumping up and down, and basically leashed himself before I could even put it around his neck. This is how showing/show dogs should be, happy and excited to do the work (and by work I mean receiving high value treats for literally standing pretty and prancing around a ring) its basically like a performance, when they see the show lead they know what they need to do and are more than happy to stand pretty to receive treats for it
I don’t mind it, but if you want you could make a dog thread. Though I do know that there are a few that haven’t been used for a while.

I like hearing about the dog stuff!
It motivates me to do more with mine.

My dad came by the fun fair I was at today, he brought Keira, our malamute. I ran out to greet her, and she whacked me with her big bear paws, claws n all. She saw me half hour previously, but seeing me out of the house is SO EXCITING!

Y'all I thought she was changing 😭

Just scrolled past that vegan teacher on tiktok- she was talking about mental health issues and going pretty deep, begging people to hang in there. I thought "wow, it sounds like she's actually caring about people and not being a"
Spoke too soon. Next sentence goes quickly into "and never eat dead animals, it's gross. Its so weird. Its so messed up. DONT DO IT 😠"

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

She's making me want a kebab even more

Back
Top Bottom