LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Also figuring out how the Frick to care for an impulse buy Canna Lilly.
Canna are basic tropical plant care. If you're lucky, you'll have a variety that sets fruit/seed! Mine did and I planted the seeds and got plants but they never got to the flowering stage as the ducks ate them all!!!

Canna are basic tropical plant care. If you're lucky, you'll have a variety that sets fruit/seed! Mine did and I planted the seeds and got plants but they never got to the flowering stage as the ducks ate them all!!!
I've never done tropical plants before. All of mine have been ones that thrive on neglect or die, apart from the orchids I'm fighting to keep alive.

I guess it was going to probably die at the greenhouse anyways, it's not like I got a super healthy and thriving one. It's a white leaved variety that my boss said should turn orange and reddish when older

I've never done tropical plants before. All of mine have been ones that thrive on neglect or die, apart from the orchids I'm fighting to keep alive.

I guess it was going to probably die at the greenhouse anyways, it's not like I got a super healthy and thriving one. It's a white leaved variety that my boss said should turn orange and reddish when older
Think of a tropical jungle. Hot and humid. Of course, you can't provide that but you can simulate some of it. Mist it once a day, keep the soil damp but not soaked. Bring it outside when it warms up. Mine did great in our hot and humid summers.

Also, Canna tubers can be overwintered, or you can bring it inside.

Pics? Sounds like a lovely one!

Think of a tropical jungle. Hot and humid. Of course, you can't provide that but you can simulate some of it. Mist it once a day, keep the soil damp but not soaked. Bring it outside when it warms up. Mine did great in our hot and humid summers.

Also, Canna tubers can be overwintered, or you can bring it inside.

Pics? Sounds like a lovely one!
I'll get one when I get home. I think it's in one of the pics I posted on Monday with the succulents.

What about those humidity domes you can buy for pots? Would that help? It will need a bigger pot, I'm sure, down the road, but for now it's in like a 4x4 inch pot

I'll get one when I get home. I think it's in one of the pics I posted on Monday with the succulents.

What about those humidity domes you can buy for pots? Would that help? It will need a bigger pot, I'm sure, down the road, but for now it's in like a 4x4 inch pot
Canna get BIG. For the time being, one of those domes should be fine though.

Canna get BIG. For the time being, one of those domes should be fine though.
Yeah, it's a little thing for now. Thankfully I'll have some time to figure something out. Would a grow light /plant light help it when it's cold here? Or does it need the cold season like some plants do? I might see about cleaning my shed out and turning it into a plant area

It's the circled one, next to the hostas (which I also have to figure out. I thought they were something completely different when i bought them)
20240422_171236.jpg

Back
Top Bottom