light sussex? mutt?

SpunkyTheMonkey

King of the Intardnets
10 Years
May 8, 2009
Naoussa, Greece
2nd opinons on this one please? ~8 weeks old now, when she was younger people couldn't agree on what she was but she was a lot smuttier then.

not a great pic i know but she won't sit still for the camera.

30676_bruno_600x450.jpg

My Delaware pullets don't have nearly as much barring as this chicken, so I'm thinking it may be some sort of cross? I've heard of a Delaware/New Hampshire (?) cross i think... they're more popular among hatcheries than actual Heritage Delawares.

Or it could just be a lovable chicken mutt.
smile.png

Quote:
it was bought from an old village man who has chickens running around in his yard so it's much more likely to be a mutt than anything else tbh.

doesn't really matter much, i'm just curious...but at least i've narrowed it down to delaware/delaware-x or mutt. that's better than i managed last time i asked when she was 3-4 weeks old.

thanks all.

Quote:
it was bought from an old village man who has chickens running around in his yard so it's much more likely to be a mutt than anything else tbh.

doesn't really matter much, i'm just curious...but at least i've narrowed it down to delaware/delaware-x or mutt. that's better than i managed last time i asked when she was 3-4 weeks old.

thanks all.

even if she's got just a little delaware in here she's sure to be a great hen. mine are some of the best i've got. friendly and egg laying machines.

big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom