Lime colored poop

:hugs I'm sorry you're having these difficulties.

Let us know how he's doing in the morning, I'm hoping he'll come around right.
Thank you so much!

So are we. He’s been a really good boy, especially to the girls. It’ll be a devastating blow if he comes down with Mareks, so I’m really hoping that’s not what’s going on.

:hugs I'm sorry you're having these difficulties.

Let us know how he's doing in the morning, I'm hoping he'll come around right.
I just opened the box the gram stain kit was in. Directions are actually included and seem pretty straight forward. If his poops still look the same tomorrow I’ll stop on the way home from work tomorrow and get some distilled water and I think we will try a gram stain.

I just opened the box the gram stain kit was in. Directions are actually included and seem pretty straight forward. If his poops still look the same tomorrow I’ll stop on the way home from work tomorrow and get some distilled water and I think we will try a gram stain.
Sounds good!
I don't know anything about doing tests, so I wish you luck.

As of this morning he is still crowing. Poops are still greenish. Lots of wet poop under him. Crop was fully empty. Really hoping whatever he has going on will work itself out.

So as of this morning he’s still crowing, dancing for the ladies, scratching around etc. I put out wet feed this morning and he seemed to really went to town eating. I made it extra wet so he can get extra water. I have seen him drink too. The poop below is as of a couple mins ago. It looks better than yesterday but I’m starting to wonder if he has infection of some sort. Any thoughts on his most recent poops? @Wyorp Rock and @Eggcessive

Only the very top of the poop below had the bright line green color.

IMG_0243.jpeg

So late last night after speaking with the husband some I decided to add Corid to their water with how mucousy his poop looked. We didn’t have time to do a fecal float but we figured it wouldn’t hurt them if they didn’t have coccidiosis. Not sure if it’s because of Mareks or what but it seems to be a constant battle here with coccidiosis in our younger birds. Even after Corid, toltrazuril fecal slides are still full but anyway. He doesn’t seem to be declining. Still has an appetite, drinking, grooming, crowing, mating etc. below are a couple pics of his poop tonight at dusk. The mucous appears to be clearing. Color is still a little off but at least it’s not lime colored. If he starts declining we will put him on sulfa and see how that goes. We planned to try to do a gram stain but apparently the kit I bought doesn’t include immersion oil so I will have to order that.

Hopefully I’m on the right track and whatever is going out is clearing out. Any thoughts anyone has is greatly appreciated!

IMG_0244.jpeg
IMG_0246.jpeg

I was thinking the same, however once he went to roost and I checked up on them after dark droppings under him was back to really mucousy lime green. I already have a cage set up where I recently broke a broody. Very tempted to put him in there tonight and start him on sulfa.

Edit to add: as far as him eating his crop is spam full and he’s eaten good today. I’ll offer him some egg tomorrow too.

Just thought id post an update. Thursday night I put him in the cage and started him on sulfa, it was obvious Friday he wasn't feeling good. He had his tail down, stopped crowing and just wanted to sleep for the most part. Fixed up some mash for him and made him some scrambled eggs and he ate that. Saturday his poop was better looking. only saw the lime green poop once and for the most part it was a lot more firm too. His whole attitude has since changed. He even started back crowing yesterday.

I believe he had some sort of infection be it enteritis or something else, whatever he had going on he seems to be back to normal behavior wise. His poop is much, much better too!

Back
Top Bottom