Little Giant 9200 Question

ihavechicks

Songster
9 Years
Jul 13, 2010
Cypress Inn, TN
I got a little Giant 9200 for Christmas. I plugged it in 2 days ago & can't get the temperature above 78 degrees. Am I doing something wrong or is my little Giant broken?

Make sure that the lid is on right. The lid only seals well in one direction, though it fits both ways. And be sure the viewing windows are seated.

Then check your thermometer with another thermometer, because the LG are capable of reaching 131F or more.

Make sure that the lid is on right. The lid only seals well in one direction, though it fits both ways. And be sure the viewing windows are seated.

Then check your thermometer with another thermometer, because the LG are capable of reaching 131F or more.
You found that out the hard way didn't you.
hmm.png

Especially the viewing windows. I grab my chicks out through the viewing windows and once or twice didn't realize that I didn't have them pushed all the way back down.

I would also recommend checking your thermometer and using two for accuracy.

You grab your chicks through the windows? You are a daredevil! Every time I tried that I ended up with a new burn mark on my hand. I can only imagine how the poor newly hatched turkeys with no life experience felt when they stood up into those elements.

You grab your chicks through the windows? You are a daredevil! Every time I tried that I ended up with a new burn mark on my hand. I can only imagine how the poor newly hatched turkeys with no life experience felt when they stood up into those elements.
I have gotten used to burning my hand...lol I know right? My turken chick from the hatch before this one had a mark on his head from the thing. I lose less humidity and heat (plus I can see better) if I pull them out the window versus opening the bator...lol

Last edited:
I thought about cutting a "front door" in the LG for that very reason. And that is why my new incubator has a front door that doesn't go all the way to the top.

Back
Top Bottom