Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
I'm still lurking on this thread :) Its been very busy around here lately, so I haven't been posting as much, but thought I'd update.

I still have 5 days until lockdown. I had way too many eggs for my turner and I'm having to hand turn (again). This hatch is dragging by. I've been hatching steadily since January (I think, I can't even remember any more :p ). I'm ready for a break, I think that's why this one seems to be taking so long. I swear, after this batch, well actually the next batch- I have a staggered hatch going- is done, I'm putting my 'bators away for a while. I have chicks of various ages everywhere! Tending 2 incubators, 3 brooders, 4 coops and working a full time job has me quite drained! I don't even know where I'm going to put this next batch of chicks :oops: Maybe I need ANOTHER brooder, I'm sure my DH will love that idea!

Everyone's adorable chick pics are great, congrats guys! And sorry to the ones who are struggling with eggs that don't hatch, or chicks that don't thrive :hugs to you all.

Last edited:
I'm still lurking on this thread
smile.png
Its been very busy around here lately, so I haven't been posting as much, but thought I'd update.

I still have 5 days until lockdown. I had way too many eggs for my turner and I'm having to hand turn (again). This hatch is dragging by. I've been hatching steadily since January (I think, I can't even remember any more
tongue.png
). I'm ready for a break, I think that's why this one seems to be taking so long. I swear, after this batch, well actually the next batch- I have a staggered hatch going- is done, I'm putting my 'bators away for a while. I have chicks of various ages everywhere! Tending 2 incubators, 3 brooders, 4 coops and working a full time job has me quite drained! I don't even know where I'm going to put this next batch of chicks
hide.gif
Maybe I need ANOTHER brooder, I'm sure my DH will love that idea!

Everyone's adorable chick pics are great, congrats guys! And sorry to the ones who are struggling with eggs that don't hatch, or chicks that don't thrive
hugs.gif
to you all.

thumbsup.gif
If I had all the coops done, I'd have another batch in the bator right now too!! lol

I'm still lurking on this thread
smile.png
Its been very busy around here lately, so I haven't been posting as much, but thought I'd update.

I still have 5 days until lockdown. I had way too many eggs for my turner and I'm having to hand turn (again). This hatch is dragging by. I've been hatching steadily since January (I think, I can't even remember any more
tongue.png
). I'm ready for a break, I think that's why this one seems to be taking so long. I swear, after this batch, well actually the next batch- I have a staggered hatch going- is done, I'm putting my 'bators away for a while. I have chicks of various ages everywhere! Tending 2 incubators, 3 brooders, 4 coops and working a full time job has me quite drained! I don't even know where I'm going to put this next batch of chicks
hide.gif
Maybe I need ANOTHER brooder, I'm sure my DH will love that idea!

Everyone's adorable chick pics are great, congrats guys! And sorry to the ones who are struggling with eggs that don't hatch, or chicks that don't thrive
hugs.gif
to you all.

I feel your pain! I haven't hatched nearly that many, but still have 3 sets of babies scattered. I go through a checklist every evening, thinking did I water everyone, are the right lights turned on, blah blah... As rewarding as it is, it sure is tiring too!

thumbsup.gif
If I had all the coops done, I'd have another batch in the bator right now too!! lol

Nothing like another batch going to encourage you to finish the coops! I think you should put more in..
wink.png
big_smile.png

I feel your pain! I haven't hatched nearly that many, but still have 3 sets of babies scattered. I go through a checklist every evening, thinking did I water everyone, are the right lights turned on, blah blah... As rewarding as it is, it sure is tiring too!

Nothing like another batch going to encourage you to finish the coops! I think you should put more in..
wink.png
big_smile.png
I plan to set after July 4th. (If the coop for the EHal babies are done...lol and they sure as heck better be. I'm so sick of housing chickens inside past 6 weeks!!!) Our hens (pullets) have been laying for about 3 weeks now and 3/4 of them are a good size eggs. It would be the first hatch with our own eggs! So excited!!

One of my roo's

My Dom roo. (Both are quite a bit larger now. They are BIG birds.

My girls are a silkie, a silkie/polish, a silkie mix that has normal angel white feathers but 5 toes, I believe a black astrolorp mix and a ee/nn mix....lol So I expect lots of nn's and hopefully a start to a showgirl line. (I am also taking 3 silkie hens from my sister soon.)

So I can't wait!!!! But I plan to go visit my best friend for the 4th of July weekend about 2 hours away, so it has to wait until we get back.

I plan to set after July 4th. (If the coop for the EHal babies are done...lol and they sure as heck better be. I'm so sick of housing chickens inside past 6 weeks!!!) Our hens (pullets) have been laying for about 3 weeks now and 3/4 of them are a good size eggs. It would be the first hatch with our own eggs! So excited!!

One of my roo's

My Dom roo. (Both are quite a bit larger now. They are BIG birds.

My girls are a silkie, a silkie/polish, a silkie mix that has normal angel white feathers but 5 toes, I believe a black astrolorp mix and a ee/nn mix....lol So I expect lots of nn's and hopefully a start to a showgirl line. (I am also taking 3 silkie hens from my sister soon.)

So I can't wait!!!! But I plan to go visit my best friend for the 4th of July weekend about 2 hours away, so it has to wait until we get back.

Good looking birds! Excited for you to get to hatch some of your own. And I'm pulling for you to get some showgirls soon.
fl.gif

Thank you, me too. SC read my mind and asked if I wanted him to shave the neck of my silkie...lol I said I was tempted....lol
There are showgirls around here for sale, and I've been meaning to ask you:Is that a breed unto itself, or is that a Silkie/NN cross? You could shave the silkie, then glue the shavings to the NN and you would have 2

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom