Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
You haven't set your eggs, and you are trying to hit 65-70% humidity? Please don't.

Your basement should have some relative humidity to work with. Try setting the eggs without extra water, without the humidifier. Hold off on setting eggs until you again have a stable temperature in the incubator. If your basement is below 65, you may need that space heater.

Too much humidity through incubation is not good. 40% is a safe starting number, and it shouldn't take heroic measures to achieve.

I believe its being used as a hatcher, so the eggs going in will be for lockdown, not a new setting.

I am officially in lockdown!! 36 eggs marked, (air cells look purty dern gud if I say so myself) and waiting for nature to yell "Go!" I actually saw one move today, that's a big thing for me, cause I hardly ever see it...lol

I am officially in lockdown!! 36 eggs marked, (air cells look purty dern gud if I say so myself) and waiting for nature to yell "Go!"  I actually saw one move today, that's a big thing for me, cause I hardly ever see it...lol

Oh so egg-citing! So you got your last candling fix in, I presume. Can't wait to see your results!

Matter of fact, I think I'll have an adult beverage in honor of your lockdown!

Oh so egg-citing! So you got your last candling fix in, I presume. Can't wait to see your results!

Matter of fact, I think I'll have an adult beverage in honor of your lockdown!
lmao
gig.gif
Yes, now I am going to go through withdrawl until they start (by the grace of God) pipping/hatching. Have two...I'm going to need it and I don't drink...lol

Hey I was just looking at my thermometer/hygrometer in the 9300 for the first time in a week both of the thermometers read the same temps. Weird wonder if I should worry. Also this morning the brinsea with my Ancona eggs in it was at 19% humidity so I added some water to the resevoir headed off to work& hoped the best now it's reading 68%.

Hey I was just looking at my thermometer/hygrometer in the 9300 for the first time in a week both of the thermometers read the same temps. Weird wonder if I should worry.  Also this morning the brinsea with my Ancona eggs in it was at 19% humidity so I added some water to the resevoir headed off to work& hoped the best now it's reading 68%. 

Wow, that's a pretty big jump. Did it come back down? And yea, I think I'd worry if thermometers read the same! Haha just teasing! That's good news.

We are hatching duck eggs for the first time. We have had a pretty successful hatch except for one. It externally pipped three days ago. We keep helping it because it isn't making any progress and it's trying to, but everytime we do something we see blood WHAT DO WE DOOOOOO??????

We are hatching duck eggs for the first time. We have had a pretty successful hatch except for one. It externally pipped three days ago. We keep helping it because it isn't making any progress and it's trying to, but everytime we do something we see blood WHAT DO WE DOOOOOO??????
It pipped three days ago, hasn't hatched and is still alive. Good gracious, what a fighter. Is it a significant amount of blood or just tiny bits and did you remove the entire air cell end?

Back
Top Bottom