Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
I candled my 10 eggies again tonight. ..I was excited to see movement in most of them... one of them looks different from the others. .. it just doesn't seem as big and when I turn the egg the dark spot doesn't really move... I tried to get a photo but the best one I could get doesn't seem very accurate.
Left it in the incubator for now. ... should I pull it? They are supposed to hatch Monday....so lock down Friday or Saturday?
If it doesn't smell, leave it in. Mark the shell so that when they hatch if that one doesn't you know it's probably because it was the quitter.

Fair warning: I'm stealing the thead for a minute, lol.
A good share of my chicks are 2 weeks old today (just don't ask which ones...lol) So I wanted to share just a few. (I have a million, but I pulled out a handful. I did well restraining myself this time...lol)

My two silver/blue. After they fluffed out they both had fluffy cheeks. Since I did have a couple green eggs in there I figured they must be ee's. One still has quite fluffy cheeks:

See...puffy cheeks...lol

The girl I recieved the eggs from said the 2 chipmunks were probably brown leg horns:

Not sure what this big guy is. He has heavily feathered feet, but he's not a silkie cross. She said something about possibly being a cross with mille fleur or d'uccle.

We have a couple whites that may turn out to be chanteclers:

I also have two of these guys and no idea whatsoever what they are. The second is lighter in the colors, but same combo more or less:

This is "Sparky". No idea what he is either. Dark brown, plain, but he is the friendliest most personable chick in the lot and has won my heart.

And I have 12 of the spitzhaubens. With the exception of 2-3, so far they are the most skittish-touch me nots of the whole bunch. Some have more black than others. I do love the mohawks though...lol

There's some of the group. I haven't gotten good recent pics of the banties (they are flighty too,) and I have some others unknowns, but I wanted to share these guys. Tomorrow we start seperating them out and moving them. They are already outgrown the step one brooder. (Of course, not hard with 30+ chicks in there.) The spitz will be in their own coop/run as I want to keep them breeding "pure". So they will be the first seperation. In another couple weeks they will go in the adult's pen, (hopefully if the weather will get above freezing at night and stay there the big 'uns will be in their new coop,) Then I have to get these guys' coop/run done. (Then I can make plans to do the first incubation of our own eggs. I can't wait. Expecting to get lots of NN's out of our own eggs and maybe even start our showgirl line.)

All very pretty and look like they have their own little personalities. The spitz's are adorable, but I think the puffy cheeks silver/blue grabbed me first. Sparky looks like she's got some serious attitude!

Thanks for sharing!

All very pretty and look like they have their own little personalities. The spitz's are adorable, but I think the puffy cheeks silver/blue grabbed me first. Sparky looks like she's got some serious attitude!

Thanks for sharing!
Puffy cheeks is one of my favs too..(Actually both the silver/blues.) lol I'm pretty sure Sparky is a boy...but if he keeps his personality, I'm keeping him, I don't care...lol

Love The blues!!! Absolutely Stunning!!! I have never seen an EE that was blue/silver.. Very cool!! - you will def have to continue to post pics of them as they get bigger!!

Michele

I like to monitor the ones in the hot spot, and when comfortable with that temp, then I do the cold spots. Truth be known, I have 2 digital, 2 digital medical, 1 mercury bulb, and 1 indoor/outdoor large bulb. So, I'm monitoring all over the place. With only one thermometer, it's easy to forget where the probe is, and then rush to make an adjustment before taking the time to assess if that adjustment is really necessary. For example, I've been tempted with a knee jerk reaction when the probe has fallen off an egg, and landed on the floor of the bator, which is much cooler, even with a fan in there.

Back
Top Bottom