Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
Hi, been skimming through this thread for the past few days now and just thought I would join in! I bought this incubator on wednesday, got it set up, and set 8 eggs in yesterday. Since I set it up, it has held a good constant temp. and humidity seems to stay pretty stable with just adding a little bit of water everyday. I'm pretty excited, this will be my first time trying to hatch anything!

We are in lockdown. Holding steady at 70% humidity. I'm hoping for some chicks Monday. Getting their first home set up. ... thoughts on my two room chicky condo? 2 heat lamps overkill? They will be out in my garage and its still a tad chilly at night. Thankfully my garage is a tuck under so it's more or less insulated by my house. I added the second room in case they get too warm. ..I have to pick up a feeding dish and food tomorrow since the farm store was already closed when I was out today. ... thoughts?

Hi, been skimming through this thread for the past few days now and just thought I would join in! I bought this incubator on wednesday, got it set up, and set 8 eggs in yesterday. Since I set it up, it has held a good constant temp. and humidity seems to stay pretty stable with just adding a little bit of water everyday. I'm pretty excited, this will be my first time  trying to hatch anything! 

Hi I'm new here too... on my first try at incubation and hoping for hatching Monday. I discovered the best way to keep my humidity level is disposable diapers. (Clean ones of course :p ) I saturate them and place them in the bottom. .. they hold a lot of liquid, have a large surface area, and I didn't have to fiddle with my water everyday. Just a though. Good luck with your first set of eggs. I'm hoping for a good outcome. I'm thinking my next project will be ducklings :)

Hi, been skimming through this thread for the past few days now and just thought I would join in! I bought this incubator on wednesday, got it set up, and set 8 eggs in yesterday. Since I set it up, it has held a good constant temp. and humidity seems to stay pretty stable with just adding a little bit of water everyday. I'm pretty excited, this will be my first time trying to hatch anything!
Welcome to the thread and good luck with your hatch!

Adorable!!

We are in lockdown. Holding steady at 70% humidity. I'm hoping for some chicks Monday. Getting their first home set up. ... thoughts on my two room chicky condo? 2 heat lamps overkill? They will be out in my garage and its still a tad chilly at night. Thankfully my garage is a tuck under so it's more or less insulated by my house. I added the second room in case they get too warm. ..I have to pick up a feeding dish and food tomorrow since the farm store was already closed when I was out today. ... thoughts?

Cute condo. I would just use one light at first. I think that would be efficient, but if not you can always turn the other one on. It only needs to be 95ish under the light.

I forgot what you are hatching. Cute little condo! Do you have a screen or something to put over it?

Looks real good. I hope we get chicks Monday. :)

Have fun. That's what it's all about because we aren't making any money. Enjoy.

I forgot what you are hatching. Cute little condo! Do you have a screen or something to put over it?

I have 10 eggs (1 I'm pretty convinced it's a quitter) I was told I had 3 different varieties however there is a mystery white egg and I was told it doesn't fit with any of the breeds that I supposedly have. .. so I guess we shall see.

I have 10 eggs (1 I'm pretty convinced it's a quitter) I was told I had 3 different varieties however there is a mystery white egg and I was told it doesn't fit with any of the breeds that I supposedly have. .. so I guess we shall see.

Oh ok, I was just thinking some of those little boogers begin trying to fly pretty quickly and can end up all over your garage if you don't put a screen on the box. Its at least something to consider.
And make sure your light(s) are secure and can't fall off. I figure you have, I just couldn't tell from the picture and wanted to man sure you have considered it.

Back
Top Bottom