Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
So today is day 21. The eggs look the same as always... I'm impatient. At what point in the process does one give up hope on them hatching? Day 24? 25? If I took one out now and candled it would I see movement or would it be too hard to see at this point? I hate waiting. .

So today is day 21. The eggs look the same as always... I'm impatient. At what point in the process does one give up hope on them hatching? Day 24? 25? If I took one out now and candled it would I see movement or would it be too hard to see at this point? I hate waiting. .
It all depends...lol Hopefully you would see some internal pips. I could still see movement and veining in my eggs that were still viable that's how I knew my two silkies were gone and the other was still alive.

Definitely don't give up hope on day 21, and its too early to even consider when to give up! Too many factors to consider. I would wait and see what happens today, then candle tomorrow. I bet you will see some activity today!

Definitely don't give up hope on day 21, and its too early to even consider when to give up!  Too many factors to consider.  I would wait and see what happens today, then candle tomorrow.  I bet you will see some activity today!

My humidity dropped to 66% still no signs of life. .. do I open it up to add more water or leave it?

My humidity dropped to 66% still no signs of life. .. do I open it up to add more water or leave it?

I would throw a bit more water in there..or wet a sponge and quickly place inside... If there are no signs of external pips then it is better to up it now before you see any.

But.. who knows... could be wrong... this advice is coming from someone that has eggs sitting on day 20 and nothing going on as well....

My eggs had nothing happening on day 21 which was yesterday, then late last night I had 3 pip and hatch. I still have 1 left to go. My humidity level was between 66 and 69 the entire time. I couldn't get it any higher.

I would put a wet sponge in there.

I would throw a bit more water in there..or wet a sponge and quickly place inside... If there are no signs of external pips then it is better to up it now before you see any.

But.. who knows... could be wrong... this advice is coming from someone that has eggs sitting on day 20 and nothing going on as well....
Now, come on, there may be lots going on and you just can't see it. You have plenty of time and we are all crossing our fingers for you.

My eggs had nothing happening on day 21 which was yesterday, then late last night I had 3 pip and hatch. I still have 1 left to go. My humidity level was between 66 and 69 the entire time. I couldn't get it any higher.
Yay!! Congrats!!

I was quick and added more. ... within 10 minutes its up to 77%. Watch it get way too high. ..ugh.

We are in lockdown. Holding steady at 70% humidity. I'm hoping for some chicks Monday. Getting their first home set up. ... thoughts on my two room chicky condo? 2 heat lamps overkill? They will be out in my garage and its still a tad chilly at night. Thankfully my garage is a tuck under so it's more or less insulated by my house. I added the second room in case they get too warm. ..I have to pick up a feeding dish and food tomorrow since the farm store was already closed when I was out today. ... thoughts?

Are your lamps double secured, so that if one attachment fails, they still won't fall. IMO, you only need one lamp for your brood of chicks. Ditto PP regarding putting a cover over the boxes. Also, leave the lamp running for an hour or so, and then check to be sure that there's not enough heat at the top of the box to cause ignition! So much to be concerned about with a heat lamp. I much prefer the heating pad, after trying both!!!

Back
Top Bottom