Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
Urg... I don't know what is going on. .. 3 different temp readings. .. still no chick's. .. no pips. .. no zips... no peeps... no nothing.

So I think they are all gone. .. my humidity got high and I candled them. I didn't see any movement in any of the 10 eggs. Most of the egg is filled minus the air sac and another small space on the opposite end. I don't know what happened they were all good on Thursday night. I'm bummed. .. I put them back in but I have a strong feeling it's pointless.

So I think they are all gone. .. my humidity got high and I candled them. I didn't see any movement in any of the 10 eggs. Most of the egg is filled minus the air sac and another small space on the opposite end. I don't know what happened they were all good on Thursday night. I'm bummed. .. I put them back in but I have a strong feeling it's pointless.
Your humidity "getting high" doesn't compromise the hatch. Humidity compromises a hatch by being too high/low over an extended amount of time. At lockdown I set my humidity at around 75%. During the hatch at times it will hit high 80's. You might be surprised and still get some. I hope you are wrong and start getting some action.

Your humidity "getting high" doesn't compromise the hatch. Humidity compromises a hatch by being too high/low over an extended amount of time. At lockdown I set my humidity at around 75%. During the hatch at times it will hit high 80's. You might be surprised and still get some. I hope you are wrong and start getting some action.

I just meant it was high enough that I felt OK to remove them from the top real quick.

Update.

The hatch is going well. I have about 30 chicks so far. That is about 18 in the brooder box and about 15 in the incubator ready to pull out. More eggs have pipped and are zipping. Pictures are forth coming.

Back
Top Bottom