Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
Day 21... no sign of pips... BUT...I swear that I saw one of the eggs jiggling for a good 5 seconds. - That's a good sign right?? Does that mean that they are getting into position to then start cracking away at the egg??

Michele
Hopefully he's trying to pip internally!! Or maybe even externally, that'd be even better!!

This would be the Best EVER!! That is unless he turns out to be a HE... then super bummed.... Thought about the no crow collar but haven't heard great things about them... and I'd really like to have the nice blue eggs from the hens :)

I had 2 chicks out when I left for work this morning :)

Of course, I have a super long day today, and its dragging by because I want to know what's going on in there!

Do we really have to wait for the queen to set eggs to start that thread? I really do think it's a great idea, and getting some good dialogue from both sets of owners could give newbies something to consider for future purchases. I'm sure there will be some good natured ribbing, but it should be a thread where people can talk about their totally different styles without getting into an "I'm right, your wrong" argument. Since it was your idea, and everyone loves you, I think you should be the thread starter, but I don't think it necessarily has to wait until you set eggs. The point was brought up about shipped eggs vs your own. I will never be buying shipped eggs, but if this thread grows as large as I think it will, I'm sure people will join in that are getting eggs from a multitude of sources

Do we really have to wait for the queen to set eggs to start that thread? I really do think it's a great idea, and getting some good dialogue from both sets of owners could give newbies something to consider for future purchases. I'm sure there will be some good natured ribbing, but it should be a thread where people can talk about their totally different styles without getting into an "I'm right, your wrong" argument. Since it was your idea, and everyone loves you, I think you should be the thread starter, but I don't think it necessarily has to wait until you set eggs. The point was brought up about shipped eggs vs your own. I will never be buying shipped eggs, but if this thread grows as large as I think it will, I'm sure people will join in that are getting eggs from a multitude of sources

Agreed. Just a basic general "this is what I use, this is what I did, and this is what happened" kind of thread?

- type of incubator (brand and still air/forced air)
- breed of eggs
- temp throughout incubation
- humidity throughout incubation, humidity for hatching
- "meddler" or "non-meddler"
- shipped eggs/non-shipped eggs
- first egg hatch day, last egg hatch day
- etc
- etc

I'd be willing to try to put together some type of spreadsheet/summary after we get a bunch of data.

Wow, motivated people...lol
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom