Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
Personally, I saw more shaking and wobbling right at lockdown. Not so much as they were getting ready to pip, so don't put too much stress into no shaking. And you know they don't shake when you are watching, right? Lol

This thread has so many people hatching now, it would be nice if everyone would include what day you are on, and such. I'm pitiful at keeping track of everyone!
1f603.png
but maybe its just me....

Day 19. Still running dry as my air cells are too small. I have 23 live chicklets. I think I've eliminated one clear, one mid term death, and one stinker. And I actually set one last egg a day after the others, because it was so pretty. Put a milk carton baffle in the far corner last night, and it seems to be helping to regulate temps on both sides.

Personally, I saw more shaking and wobbling right at lockdown. Not so much as they were getting ready to pip, so don't put too much stress into no shaking. And you know they don't shake when you are watching, right? Lol

This thread has so many people hatching now, it would be nice if everyone would include what day you are on, and such. I'm pitiful at keeping track of everyone!
1f603.png
but maybe its just me....
No, between multiples on one thread and butting my nose in a hundred more threads, I can't keep any situation sorted out...lol YOu aren't the only one...lol

my eggs ain't shaking no more????
okay.. without any more shaking I got nervous and *gasp* opened the bator and candled them. I needed to add more water and thought.. hey - I have a good excuse!

They were both moving around in there... shadow to the bottom of the air cell and the bottom pointy end of the egg completely filled out. I placed them back inside and then played some *chick* music in hopes to encourage them to get moving! I am not going to mess with them again until day 24. If I don't see any pips.. then I will throw in the towel with this batch.

okay.. without any more shaking I got nervous and  *gasp* opened the bator and candled them. I needed to add more water and thought.. hey - I have a good excuse!

They were both moving around in there... shadow to the bottom of the air cell and the bottom pointy end of the egg completely filled out. I placed them back inside and then played some *chick* music in hopes to encourage them to get moving! I am not going to mess with them again until day 24. If I don't see any pips.. then I will throw in the towel with this batch.
day 19 woke up still no movement and nothing changed temp at 101.8 and humidity 70..I'm really impatient

Back
Top Bottom