Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
camera isn't very good its right in the middle of the egg..and I can hear it chirping

It does look a little low, but hearing it chirping is a good sign. That means it has breathing room. This is the first pip, right? No others in there to disturb it, so that's good too. Its on top, where you can see it, so that's good too. Normally they zip in a counter-clockwise direction (if you were looking into the fat end), so that's the direction it should head. But it could rest for some time before it even tries to zip. As long as its chirping, and the membrane stays white, and it keeps the pip open, it should be fine. Now you need to breathe..... ;)

It does look a little low, but hearing it chirping is a good sign. That means it has breathing room. This is the first pip, right? No others in there to disturb it, so that's good too. Its on top, where you can see it, so that's good too. Normally they zip in a counter-clockwise direction (if you were looking into the fat end), so that's the direction it should head. But it could rest for some time before it even tries to zip. As long as its chirping, and the membrane stays white, and it keeps the pip open, it should be fine. Now you need to breathe..... ;)
yes its the first one omg thank u I almost cried, I can see the hole moving and hear the chirp so maybe it will be OK, fingers crossed

I had a chick pip on the wrong side of the egg yesterday, very close to the pointy end). When I finally got home from work, it had hatched all on its own. I wouldn't worry too much about a pip near the middle of the egg :)

I have 12 little chickies out so far. 2 RIRs, 1 OEGB and 9 Silkies/Sizzles. The 'bator is a mess. I need to open it to pull out chicks and shells to make room for the other eggs that haven't hatched (its pretty full in there). But, I've been struggling to keep my humidity high. Its been hovering around 60-65%, which is okay, but I'd feel better if it were around 70. I don't even have enough room to but a sponge or small bowl of water in there at this point and all of the water channels are full (and theres probably some water on the table underneath from where I missed the channels a few times :p ).

Last edited:
I had a chick pip on the wrong side of the egg yesterday, very close to the pointy end). When I finally got home from work, it had hatched all on its own. I wouldn't worry too much about a pip near the middle of the egg
smile.png

I have 12 little chickies out so far. 2 RIRs, 1 OEGB and 9 Silkies/Sizzles. The 'bator is a mess. I need to open it to pull out chicks and shells to make room for the other eggs that haven't hatched (its pretty full in there). But, I've been struggling to keep my humidity high. Its been hovering around 60-65%, which is okay, but I'd feel better if it were around 70. I don't even have enough room to but a sponge or small bowl of water in there at this point and all of the water channels are full (and theres probably some water on the table underneath from where I missed the channels a few times
tongue.png
).

Awesome!!
jumpy.gif

okay.. without any more shaking I got nervous and *gasp* opened the bator and candled them. I needed to add more water and thought.. hey - I have a good excuse!

They were both moving around in there... shadow to the bottom of the air cell and the bottom pointy end of the egg completely filled out. I placed them back inside and then played some *chick* music in hopes to encourage them to get moving! I am not going to mess with them again until day 24. If I don't see any pips.. then I will throw in the towel with this batch.
GASP!!
th.gif
You don't need to have an excuse. You decided to do it you did it and that's your perogative!! Anyone says anything just tell them
duc.gif
. I hope you have some action though!!

I GOT A PEEPER AND ITS NOT WHERE THE AIR SAC IS WHAT DO I DO SOMEONE HELP ME
WV gave you excellent advice. I would have said the same thing. After lock down sometimes the air sac is drawn way down so there is a chance that he made the air cell, it's hard to tell with midline pippers. Just watch them and see.

It does look a little low, but hearing it chirping is a good sign. That means it has breathing room. This is the first pip, right? No others in there to disturb it, so that's good too. Its on top, where you can see it, so that's good too. Normally they zip in a counter-clockwise direction (if you were looking into the fat end), so that's the direction it should head. But it could rest for some time before it even tries to zip. As long as its chirping, and the membrane stays white, and it keeps the pip open, it should be fine. Now you need to breathe.....
wink.png
thumbsup.gif

I had a chick pip on the wrong side of the egg yesterday, very close to the pointy end). When I finally got home from work, it had hatched all on its own. I wouldn't worry too much about a pip near the middle of the egg
smile.png

I have 12 little chickies out so far. 2 RIRs, 1 OEGB and 9 Silkies/Sizzles. The 'bator is a mess. I need to open it to pull out chicks and shells to make room for the other eggs that haven't hatched (its pretty full in there). But, I've been struggling to keep my humidity high. Its been hovering around 60-65%, which is okay, but I'd feel better if it were around 70. I don't even have enough room to but a sponge or small bowl of water in there at this point and all of the water channels are full (and theres probably some water on the table underneath from where I missed the channels a few times
tongue.png
).
Congrats!

GASP!!  :th   You don't need to have an excuse. You decided to do it you did it and that's your perogative!!  Anyone says anything just tell them :duc .    I hope you have some action though!!

WV gave you excellent advice. I would have said the same thing.  After lock down sometimes the air sac is drawn way down so there is a chance that he made the air cell, it's hard to tell with midline pippers. Just watch them and see.

:thumbsup

Congrats!
well I'm not home right now, hope its doing good had to leave tho.. I wanted to sit and stare at it, but will go home shortly hope I got a little fuzz ball running around

well I'm not home right now, hope its doing good had to leave tho.. I wanted to sit and stare at it, but will go home shortly hope I got a little fuzz ball running around

Probably a good thing to leave for a while! I hope its running around when you get home too. Be sure and let us know!

Back
Top Bottom