Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
Tomorrows the day! I miss counted my days on my last post. Today is day 17. I am going to candle tonight and loickdown in the morning! I'm so excited! This is my second hatch ever and feels just as exciting as the first!

I'm back home can still hear chirping but hasn't came out yet should I do anything or leave it alone

As long as its still chirping, I wouldn't touch it. Talk to it, play chirping noises (there's an adorable youtube video of baby chicks chirping), whistle at it, sing to it!! Its only been about 7 or 8 hours right? It could take 12+ before I'd be too worried.

yea but it seems like its been forever, now its chirping and another is too bit can't tell which one it is. I just want it to come on out and look at me lol

As long as its still chirping, I wouldn't touch it.  Talk to it, play chirping noises (there's an adorable youtube video of baby chicks chirping), whistle at it, sing to it!!  Its only been about 7 or 8 hours right?  It could take 12+ before I'd be too worried.  

Let the fun and games begin. My bator is chirping. I've kept it dry from day 14 until now. Just added water to the 2 shallow dishes in the bottom, have a sponge and 2 dry wall screws at the ready to screw the sponge to the wall over yet an other ventilation hole! This time, I'm prepared with aquarium tubing and syringes running to both dishes. Can access the sponge with a straw. Eggs are in styrofoam cartons with the bottoms punched out. I've never done it that way, but, with small air cells, IMO, change is good! In the mean while, I have a broody all by herself in the old coop diligently tending a clutch of golf balls! Was hoping to slip her some eggs tonight, but with them already chirping, I hesitate to.

wee.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif

I'm just a little bit excited.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom