Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
You need to get some chopsticks...lol

I think my sister-in-law uses chopsticks, really! lol I use a bendy straw to hook around it so I can control the roll....
wink.png

I'm surprised Amy didn't say she would use the straw to give it mouth to mouth until it started zipping
LMAO!

I'm surprised Amy didn't say she would use the straw to give it mouth to mouth until it started zipping
I am not that bad!!!! lol I usually let mine hatch on their own (or at least finish. lol) Seriously though, I do have an aggressively hands on approach, but that's more in the area getting my chicks out instead of leaving them and assisting if I think there's a problem. But I have never killed a chick helping, and usually I do only help to a certain point. Most of my chicks get themselves out. I know you are just joking, but I want to clarify because I am very openly hands on and outspoken about assisting but I don't want people to think assisting is a regular occurance, because I agree that a chick that can should w/o interference.

I am not that bad!!!! lol I usually let mine hatch on their own (or at least finish. lol) Seriously though, I do have an aggressively hands on approach, but that's more in the area getting my chicks out instead of leaving them and assisting if I think there's a problem. But I have never killed a chick helping, and usually I do only help to a certain point. Most of my chicks get themselves out. I know you are just joking, but I want to clarify because I am very openly hands on and outspoken about assisting but I don't want people to think assisting is a regular occurance, because I agree that a chick that can should w/o interference.
Calm down, queenie
lau.gif

I wouldn't consider rolling the egg assisting, but I also don't think it's necessary. I think there should be a law against anyone assisting on their first hatch. Everything happens so much more slowly than you think it should, and it makes it look like something is wrong with the chick when it is just resting. Newbies are too eager to jump in and "help". As we saw in my last hatch, even I will assist if I think there's a chance, but that was day 23 and I was reasonably sure that the chick would have hatched on it's own if it had more room

Last edited:
I just moved about 10 chicks to the brooder, I think I have around 20 altogether now (I haven't counted them). Everyone's doing well. I have one Silkie/Sizzle who I think may need to be hobbled though. When I got home from work yesterday, I checked the 'bator and saw an egg with a large pip hole that had a foot sticking out of it :p It was stuck. It had actually zipped most of the way around, and I'm guessing the foot slipped out. I'll give it a day or so to see if the legs fix themselves now that its not trying to crawl over eggs in the incubator. If they don't, I'll break out the band aides :p

Everyone's chicks are adorable, by the way! I need to take some pictures of mine and share :)

Calm down, queenie
lau.gif

I wouldn't consider rolling the egg assisting, but I also don't think it's necessary. I think there should be a law against anyone assisting on their first hatch. Everything happens so much more slowly than you think it should, and it makes it look like something is wrong with the chick when it is just resting. Newbies are too eager to jump in and "help". As we saw in my last hatch, even I will assist if I think there's a chance, but that was day 23 and I was reasonably sure that the chick would have hatched on it's own if it had more room
I don't think it's neccessary either...lol Thought I pointed that out...I said I just can't stand to not to be able to see...lol I agree with the newbie being too eager to help. When someone is getting nervous because their egg pipped 3 hours ago and still hasn't hatched they don't have the knowledge and ability to make the right choice, in my opinion, because they really don't understand the process and just what is happenening.

I just moved about 10 chicks to the brooder, I think I have around 20 altogether now (I haven't counted them). Everyone's doing well. I have one Silkie/Sizzle who I think may need to be hobbled though. When I got home from work yesterday, I checked the 'bator and saw an egg with a large pip hole that had a foot sticking out of it
tongue.png
It was stuck. It had actually zipped most of the way around, and I'm guessing the foot slipped out. I'll give it a day or so to see if the legs fix themselves now that its not trying to crawl over eggs in the incubator. If they don't, I'll break out the band aides
tongue.png

Everyone's chicks are adorable, by the way! I need to take some pictures of mine and share
smile.png
Awesome!

I just moved about 10 chicks to the brooder, I think I have around 20 altogether now (I haven't counted them). Everyone's doing well. I have one Silkie/Sizzle who I think may need to be hobbled though. When I got home from work yesterday, I checked the 'bator and saw an egg with a large pip hole that had a foot sticking out of it
tongue.png
It was stuck. It had actually zipped most of the way around, and I'm guessing the foot slipped out. I'll give it a day or so to see if the legs fix themselves now that its not trying to crawl over eggs in the incubator. If they don't, I'll break out the band aides
tongue.png

Everyone's chicks are adorable, by the way! I need to take some pictures of mine and share
smile.png

Yes dear... pictures would be super!
wink.png

tongue.png
tongue.png

smile.png
I've never seen that happen, but it doesn't surprise me. Did it finish hatching on it's own?

Back
Top Bottom