Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
I woke up to 2 adorable poults this morning
woot.gif
Congrats!

Well I came home after a night away from my babies and all is well! I was so relieved! I doubt they even missed me lol. Got to spend some time with my 2 big roosters. They are so enjoyable to watch. They follow me around like puppies. And we have discovered that they looooove Pringles! Lol

Oh, and, I was supposed to lockdown my eggs that are due the 10th last night. I didn't, I had a looooong day at work and was just feeling lazy. I waffled on it before bed last night, and told myself "it'll be fine, I'll do it in the morning". Well, I got up a bit ago, went straight to the 'bator, and theres a Silkie going for a slow ride on the egg turner. Oopsie
gig.gif
hide.gif
I candled real quick while I moved everyone to the 9200. Two of the turkey eggs are internally pipped and so are a few of my shipped eggs
woot.gif

They're in the hatcher now, and the humidity is climbing.

WOW! That is impressive!! Did you do the dry hatch method? What was the humidity in there?

BTW... my 2 Eggs ( Araucana) were goners- day 23 showed one chick that was fully developed but had his head tucked tight in wing. - No internal pip. The other egg showed the head up toward air cell but but no pip and yoke sac was half gone..

My next batch ( Copper Marans ) went in today- and are *supposed* to hatch out on the 12th.... Then I have Serama's going on lockdown on the 12th.... my LAST eggs in this hatching adventure.

I've decided that I need to stop trying... I'm starting to get a complex of a serial chicken incubating killer.

I really wanted the satisfaction of saying " Yes sir-ee... I hatched these babies out of my bator!" But instead I'm just sighing in sadness with each egg that doesn't hatch. I get a lot of Joy from having fresh eggs.. and I love my chickens.

I believe that I am going to stick with buying the chickens that I would like to add in my flock.... that is... unless some of these hatch... then maybe I'll try it again next year.
wink.png

WOW! That is impressive!! Did you do the dry hatch method? What was the humidity in there?

BTW... my 2 Eggs ( Araucana) were goners- day 23 showed one chick that was fully developed but had his head tucked tight in wing. - No internal pip. The other egg showed the head up toward air cell but but no pip and yoke sac was half gone..

My next batch ( Copper Marans ) went in today- and are *supposed* to hatch out on the 12th.... Then I have Serama's going on lockdown on the 12th.... my LAST eggs in this hatching adventure.

I've decided that I need to stop trying... I'm starting to get a complex of a serial chicken incubating killer.

I really wanted the satisfaction of saying " Yes sir-ee... I hatched these babies out of my bator!"  But instead I'm just sighing in sadness with each egg that doesn't hatch. I get a lot of Joy from having fresh eggs.. and I love my chickens.

I believe that I am going to stick with buying the chickens that I would like to add in my flock.... that is... unless some of these hatch... then maybe I'll try it again next year. ;)

I do not understand why your hatches aren't better, but I believe you will get it! I really want to see the seramas!

@fiset94 Where are you located?? You said you weren't in a high elevation right??

nope.. I'm in Massachusetts- Just north of Boston.

Checked the Bator this morning... and as expected- day 19 and no signs of pips. I candled them on day 18 prior to lockdown and they all were alive and kicking. Some of the eggs had some REALLY funky aircell placements. - After the 23rd... I will pull them and take photos of the air cell lines so that you can see them.

Michele

That little early hatcher came out in somewhere around 32% humidity. I've had quite a few do that. My poults came out in low humidity too. I added water, and it went up, then by the end of the day it had settled to about 45%. Its been SUPER dry here. We haven't had any rain in the last 2 weeks. I added more water again this morning, and it wont go above 60%, but I've had 2 chicks hatch from shipped eggs today, so they must be okay!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom