Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
So.......I have a homemade cooler hatcher. Has this ever worked for anyone? I don't have another incubator to use so I had to make one for my staggered hatch. Any advise would be great. Thank you all!

So.......I have a homemade cooler hatcher. Has this ever worked for anyone? I don't have another incubator to use so I had to make one for my staggered hatch. Any advise would be great. Thank you all!

If you can get the humidity to stay up, and the temp to stay steady, many people have done it, in coolers and even less! I'm not sure how ventilation is accomplished in the cooler bators. I would think just using it as a hatcher would be easier than total incubation in it though. I'm sure there are lots of cooler bator threads on here. I remember one really awesome one, but can't remember the makers name. I'd search for those threads and read them.

So candled for day 7 and all 15 are growing well! Will be getting 8 more eggs in the mail in the next few days! I will be over run with Polish in the next few weeks! SLP, GLP, BLP, WC Blue/Cuckoo possible frizzle and a mixed SLP/Americauna.

So I had a chick that I purchased poop blood for a couple of days. On the first day I noticed I gave them all probiotics for a couple of days. It was only 3 days ago. I have not seen any blood and the chicks all look fine. What else might have caused bloody poop besides cocci?

So I had a chick that I purchased poop blood for a couple of days. On the first day I noticed I gave them all probiotics for a couple of days. It was only 3 days ago. I have not seen any blood and the chicks all look fine. What else might have caused bloody poop besides cocci?

I noticed some strange looking poop in my run the other day, so I googled and found this: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive.html
Warning... Poop pictures included! lol

I tried to take some pictures of all of my LG chicks yesterday. All I got were a bunch of blurs. The pictures I did manage to get of them standing still, they're all pooping :p One of my Sizzles was feeling photogenic, but she's (I hope :fl ) was the only one I managed to snap decent pics of :/

I've got another batch going right now. 42, that's how many my egg turner holds and I was NOT hand turning this time!

The pictures I did manage to get of them standing still, they're all pooping
tongue.png
I have decided that it is impossible to get a chick pic without poop in it. Maybe that's why my wife won't let me pose them on the bed any more
roll.png

I have decided that it is impossible to get a chick pic without poop in it. Maybe that's why my wife won't let me pose them on the bed any more :rolleyes:

Wow you must be a brain surgeon to have figured that one out! Lol

I was taking pics in my linen closet, because I thought I wouldn't have to worry about them getting away or anywhere my dogs could get to them. But then they pooped on my clean towels! Lol

Back
Top Bottom