Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
I need some suggestions where to post this ....

I found a seller that will send me 10 "minnie's" Serama's

but I dont' need 10..... and that is the min. amount.

Where can I post an Ad.....

IF you would like to go in with me for Serama chicks in Massachusetts?

The for sale board? The general Board?

I need some suggestions where to post this ....

I found a seller that will send me 10 "minnie's" Serama's

but I dont' need 10..... and that is the min. amount.

Where can I post an Ad.....

IF you would like to go in with me for Serama chicks in Massachusetts?

The for sale board? The general Board?
I would think the buy/sell/trade board.

I broke down and order eggs I had not planned on. I have never put shipped eggs in the LG. Have no choice now. So here goes the shipped egg / LG hatch . Fingers crossed

Thanks amy... I also threw a post on Craigslist.....

I'm torn whether to purchase 3 for $145 or 10 for $170 in hopes... in selling the surplus. I don't want to have a lot of extra chicks here... as my chicken math has been mounting up quite high!!!

I would definitely go for the 10 for $170, much better deal! And Seramas are super cute, so you shouldn't have any trouble selling them and should ensure yourself more girls (if they're straight run). Good luck!

I've just been in touch with someone with serama eggs also. She is a little over an hour from me. She volunteered to ship, but we might just make the drive. I'm so afraid of shipped eggs. But she says she has experience with them, so I guess I'll let my hubby decide if we drive, or I get them shipped. She does half-dozens. I think I'll get a half-dozen serama's and a half-dozen d'uccles. I would bet that baby seramas would be a breeze to sell if you hatch them all!!
wink.png

I've just been in touch with someone with serama eggs also. She is a little over an hour from me. She volunteered to ship, but we might just make the drive. I'm so afraid of shipped eggs. But she says she has experience with them, so I guess I'll let my hubby decide if we drive, or I get them shipped. She does half-dozens. I think I'll get a half-dozen serama's and a half-dozen d'uccles. I would bet that baby seramas would be a breeze to sell if you hatch them all!!
wink.png

She is actually going to send me Live chicks...rather then eggs... I considered trying to hatch again... but then I would have to do the whole brooder... and messing up the flock ranking thing again. I like being able to add everyone at once and not have to disturb things too much. I have quite a mix that will be going into the coop the 3rd week in June- and these little Serama's ... I hope will do well with them.

wink.png
I drive two hours to get chicks/eggs. I do use shipped eggs/chicks. less trouble with picking them up. I would love to drive only an hour. We use the trip as an excuse to go to some stores or pick stuff up in a near (much larger) town. With as expensive as they are, I would not take the chance. And its getting hot out side. Unfortunately and hour away does not guarentee they would make it in one day. Post office does not make since and if they have two days to deliver package they often take it. Unless you do express mail. Just my opinion. Only an hour drive is worth it.

She is actually going to send me Live chicks...rather then eggs... I considered trying to hatch again... but then I would have to do the whole brooder... and messing up the flock ranking thing again. I like being able to add everyone at once and not have to disturb things too much. I have quite a mix that will be going into the coop the 3rd week in June- and these little Serama's ... I hope will do well with them.

Oh! I see. Well, I bet if you post a pic of those cute little babies on CL, they will sell in a heartbeat!

I drive two hours to get chicks/eggs. I do use shipped eggs/chicks. less trouble with picking them up. I would love to drive only an hour. We use the trip as an excuse to go to some stores or pick stuff up in a near (much larger) town. With as expensive as they are, I would not take the chance. And its getting hot out side. Unfortunately and hour away does not guarentee they would make it in one day. Post office does not make since and if they have two days to deliver package they often take it. Unless you do express mail. Just my opinion. Only an hour drive is worth it.

Agreed! We drive all over creation for all kinds of stuff. We drove countless miles one day, looking for a whiskey barrel in decent shape. We were in 3 states with no luck. Came back home and stopped at a local feed & seed store and they had beautiful one! LOL Its not the drive this time for eggs, its finding the time, because the 2-3 hour trip would likely take us all day! haha So getting my husband to give up a day (when he could be mowing, or working on projects) .... well now that I think of it, it might not be too difficult!
lol.png

Oh! I see. Well, I bet if you post a pic of those cute little babies on CL, they will sell in a heartbeat!

Agreed! We drive all over creation for all kinds of stuff. We drove countless miles one day, looking for a whiskey barrel in decent shape. We were in 3 states with no luck. Came back home and stopped at a local feed & seed store and they had beautiful one! LOL Its not the drive this time for eggs, its finding the time, because the 2-3 hour trip would likely take us all day! haha So getting my husband to give up a day (when he could be mowing, or working on projects) .... well now that I think of it, it might not be too difficult!
lol.png

and if they don't I'm sending them all to you!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom