Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
I drive two hours to get chicks/eggs. I do use shipped eggs/chicks. less trouble with picking them up. I would love to drive only an hour. We use the trip as an excuse to go to some stores or pick stuff up in a near (much larger) town. With as expensive as they are, I would not take the chance. And its getting hot out side. Unfortunately and hour away does not guarentee they would make it in one day. Post office does not make since and if they have two days to deliver package they often take it. Unless you do express mail. Just my opinion. Only an hour drive is worth it.
I drove 2 hours to get my BCM. I've had people drive 2 hours to me to buy Polish

Oh! I see. Well, I bet if you post a pic of those cute little babies on CL, they will sell in a heartbeat!

Agreed! We drive all over creation for all kinds of stuff. We drove countless miles one day, looking for a whiskey barrel in decent shape. We were in 3 states with no luck. Came back home and stopped at a local feed & seed store and they had beautiful one! LOL Its not the drive this time for eggs, its finding the time, because the 2-3 hour trip would likely take us all day! haha So getting my husband to give up a day (when he could be mowing, or working on projects) .... well now that I think of it, it might not be too difficult!
lol.png
Leverage, we can either go or I can give you a Honey Do list...lol

My hubby is definitely NOT, so VERY NOT invested in this chicken thing. But, he'd jump at the chance to spend a Saturday driving to get chicks, plants, trees, lumber, or anything else instead of staying home to do "honey do" projects.

I hear ya lazy gardener. DH has actually taken a few days off work this week to do some interior work on our camp. Finishing drywall, painting, etc and he built me a closet (which we somehow omitted from our original building plans... duh) Today he went to mow grass. We have about 80 acres, and he mows probably 6 or 7 acres. So yea, I think I might be able to pull him away on Saturday for a ROAD TRIP!

Who are you kidding? You can't leave that incubator for 2 hours
gig.gif
I can if it's empty....
tongue2.gif

My hubby is definitely NOT, so VERY NOT invested in this chicken thing. But, he'd jump at the chance to spend a Saturday driving to get chicks, plants, trees, lumber, or anything else instead of staying home to do "honey do" projects.
LOL

I hear ya lazy gardener. DH has actually taken a few days off work this week to do some interior work on our camp. Finishing drywall, painting, etc and he built me a closet (which we somehow omitted from our original building plans... duh) Today he went to mow grass. We have about 80 acres, and he mows probably 6 or 7 acres. So yea, I think I might be able to pull him away on Saturday for a ROAD TRIP!
thumbsup.gif

Oh yeah, pack some sparkling cider, some nice bread and cheese... some yummy fruit.  Now, if you can arrange this trip without kids, you've got it made!

All my kids are grown, so no problem there! Yeah! We're more of the beer and hot wings types, but I get your point lol! Will let yall know.

Well the Saturday trip fell through. The person kinda jerked me around, saying they had eggs and would let me know when I could come get them. Didn't hear back Friday or Saturday so I emailed again Saturday evening for status. Well the eggs were spoken for. Not good service in my book. I'm being polite lol but I found more, closer to home, and a sweet young girl, I think trying to make money, so I was pleased to help her out. I got 14 bantam cochin, 4 d'ucccle and 5 polish, all for $25! Got them set tonight, so we'll see what happens in about 21 days!
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom