Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
On day 22 for my duck eggs. I still have 9 of the original 12...I candled them yesterday and I separated them into groups. I can see some differences in the shadow sizes. . Thinking 4 to 6 of my eggs are Muscovy. I guess time will tell if they don't hatch next week. :p

Well the Saturday trip fell through. The person kinda jerked me around, saying they had eggs and would let me know when I could come get them. Didn't hear back Friday or Saturday so I emailed again Saturday evening for status. Well the eggs were spoken for. Not good service in my book. I'm being polite lol but I found more, closer to home, and a sweet young girl, I think trying to make money, so I was pleased to help her out. I got 14 bantam cochin, 4 d'ucccle and 5 polish, all for $25! Got them set tonight, so we'll see what happens in about 21 days!
1f60a.png
Yay!! Always great when a dissapointment becomes a blessing!

On day 7 here. Checked my eggs and marked air cells, and most of them were showing really good veining. Yay!
wee.gif

Did have a problem though with my incubators thermometer because for some reason it kept falling down underneath the egg turner and then the temp would go up to about 103 so I finally just taped it down to the egg turner itself to keep it from falling and that seems to be working so far. I'm hoping the higher temp won't affect my eggs too much :/
Also, my cochin hen decided to go broody now, but I don't want her to hatch any chicks, so I'm going to try and have to break her broodiness. Especially since all my hens will only lay in one place, and since she is pre-occupying that spot with her fat butt, my hens haven't even been laying it seems. Couldn't find a single egg anywhere in the coop or run
idunno.gif

I have eggs in the 'bator, they're on day something or another. Like a dummy, I didn't mark them or the calendar with the set or hatch date and now I have no idea when they're due to hatch! I also have 5 broodies sitting on eggs which, again, I didn't mark! I must be getting forgetful with all this chicken craziness!

I've got 4 full brooders, 4 hens raising chicks up, 5 sitting and 36 eggs in the incubator :eek:

DH says I need to sell some, but between me and all you guys, I think he's crazy ;) J/k, I DO need to sell some, I'm running out of space to put chicks :oops:

On day 7 here. Checked my eggs and marked air cells, and most of them were showing really good veining. Yay! :weee  
Did have a problem though with my incubators thermometer because for some reason it kept falling down underneath the egg turner and then the temp would go up to about 103 so I finally just taped it down to the egg turner itself to keep it from falling and that seems to be working so far. I'm hoping the higher temp won't affect my eggs too much :/ 
Also, my cochin hen decided to go broody now, but I don't want her to hatch any chicks, so I'm going to try and have to break her broodiness. Especially since all my hens will only lay in one place, and since she is pre-occupying that spot with her fat butt, my hens haven't even been laying it seems. Couldn't find a single egg anywhere in the coop or run :idunno

Maybe her fat butt is sitting on their eggs too?

I have eggs in the 'bator, they're on day something or another. Like a dummy, I didn't mark them or the calendar with the set or hatch date and now I have no idea when they're due to hatch! I also have 5 broodies sitting on eggs which, again, I didn't mark! I must be getting forgetful with all this chicken craziness!

I've got 4 full brooders, 4 hens raising chicks up, 5 sitting and 36 eggs in the incubator :eek:

DH says I need to sell some, but between me and all you guys, I think he's crazy ;) J/k, I DO need to sell some, I'm running out of space to put chicks :oops:

Omg that's funny. Candle them and you should be able to at least guess within a few days lol

I've got 4 full brooders, 4 hens raising chicks up, 5 sitting and 36 eggs in the incubator
ep.gif

DH says I need to sell some, but between me and all you guys, I think he's crazy
wink.png
J/k, I DO need to sell some, I'm running out of space to put chicks
hide.gif
Lol! You're going to be over run with little chickies! It's kind of hard to get rid of them though, they're so cute :p. I'm hatching for a friend of mine who really wants chickens. The one chick who made it from my last batch, I'm already getting attached to, so I may end up keeping it
roll.png
. I have a problem with getting attached to easy >_<

Holy guacamole I went to candle my duck eggs just for the heck of it.... they are due to hatch Monday or later. 6 of the 9 are internally pipped. I am shocked. I pulled the egg turner. .. and am attempting to bump up my humidity. Of course I will be gone all night tonight for work and most of tomorrow for surgery. I'm going to miss it all.... hope they are ok.... since they are kind of early.

Holy guacamole I went to candle my duck eggs just for the heck of it.... they are due to hatch Monday or later. 6 of the 9 are internally pipped. I am shocked. I pulled the egg turner. .. and am attempting to bump up my humidity. Of course I will be gone all night tonight for work and most of tomorrow for surgery. I'm going to miss it all.... hope they are ok.... since they are kind of early.

That's cool! Sooner than expected! Lol!

Back
Top Bottom