Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
I had a Silkie chick hatch under 1 of my broodies yesterday :eek: I heard a bunch of loud peeping and went to check thinking one of the older chicks was stuck or being picked on and there it was. Sitting in the middle of the coop floor peeping its head off. I checked my sitter with the oldest eggs and they look to be on day 14 or so, but the shell was under her. I have NO idea how that happened?

Holy guacamole I went to candle my duck eggs just for the heck of it.... they are due to hatch Monday or later. 6 of the 9 are internally pipped. I am shocked. I pulled the egg turner. .. and am attempting to bump up my humidity. Of course I will be gone all night tonight for work and most of tomorrow for surgery. I'm going to miss it all.... hope they are ok.... since they are kind of early.

It could still be a while before they externally pip and can easily take 24-48 hours from external pip to getting out, so you might not miss much!

I had a Silkie chick hatch under 1 of my broodies yesterday :eek: I heard a bunch of loud peeping and went to check thinking one of the older chicks was stuck or being picked on and there it was. Sitting in the middle of the coop floor peeping its head off. I checked my sitter with the oldest eggs and they look to be on day 14 or so, but the shell was under her. I have NO idea how that happened?

Somebody was playing hide the eggie.

And I have a duckling. Glad I got something to hatch
5 others have pipped and I think my 3 others are muscovy

I think the one struggling might be blind. Both eyes have the milky blue haze.she can't walk very well and typically is hanging out away from the others. Any suggestions on how to help her? She was my last to hatch and needed help out of her shell.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom