Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
I think it may have stopped? Im not seeing anymore blood, just what was already there, so maybe thats a good sign. Ive gotten my humidity back up, and now two more chicks literally just started to pip! The chicks membrane is still moist for now but im keeping a close eye on him. Hes moving around a lot.

Sorry for the vent btw, lol. Its just so frustrating when you tell someone not to do something and they do it anyways. Especially when it puts little lives at stake. :\

I think it may have stopped? Im not seeing anymore blood, just what was already there, so maybe thats a good sign. Ive gotten my humidity back up, and now two more chicks literally just started to pip! The chicks membrane is still moist for now but im keeping a close eye on him. Hes moving around a lot.

Sorry for the vent btw, lol. Its just so frustrating when you tell someone not to do something and they do it anyways. Especially when it puts little lives at stake. :\
That's ok, a little venting does a body good. Better to vent here than on him....lol
wink.png
And we understand to boot.

Make that 3 pipping!

Yeah true, lol. I know he just felt like he was helping, so I guess I shouldn't be too mad. At least the chick seems to still be doing alright so far.

I emptied out my LGs yesterday. I have a broody turkey who must've gotten every infertile egg I had, all 6 of her eggs were sloshy. So, I pitched them and gave her 19 'bator eggs. Then I have a Cochin that has gone broody (she makes #5 :eek: ), I gave her the last 10. It kind of all worked out since I didn't mark any of those eggs with a set or hatch date. The best I could tell is theyre only a few days out from hatching.
I seriously can't wait to see how that turkey does with Silkie babies! I hope she's a good momma, this is her first time!

I emptied out my LGs yesterday. I have a broody turkey who must've gotten every infertile egg I had, all 6 of her eggs were sloshy. So, I pitched them and gave her 19 'bator eggs. Then I have a Cochin that has gone broody (she makes #5 :eek: ), I gave her the last 10. It kind of all worked out since I didn't mark any of those eggs with a set or hatch date. The best I could tell is theyre only a few days out from hatching.
I seriously can't wait to see how that turkey does with Silkie babies! I hope she's a good momma, this is her first time!

Wow good luck with that! I'll be curious to know how it goes!

She's got 2 little Silkies out so far! She got up for a quick break when I filled the feeder and then VERY gingerly sat back on her eggs and chicks. I think she'll be just fine with them. I'll post pictures of her and "her" babies when they're all done hatching and moving about a bit more :)

I emptied out my LGs yesterday. I have a broody turkey who must've gotten every infertile egg I had, all 6 of her eggs were sloshy. So, I pitched them and gave her 19 'bator eggs. Then I have a Cochin that has gone broody (she makes #5
ep.gif
), I gave her the last 10. It kind of all worked out since I didn't mark any of those eggs with a set or hatch date. The best I could tell is theyre only a few days out from hatching.
Wow, that would be really interesting to see! Can't wait to see pics!
smile.png

So the chick that had bled stayed right where he was all day with no progress yesterday, until last night. Two other chicks hatched (which I got to watch, it was awesome!) and they seemed to give him the encouragement to really get moving, but I had already stayed up later than I needed to so I had to go to bed and leave him alone and hope for the best. Woke up this morning to 5 healthy chicks, including him!, all walking and tumbling all over the bator, lol.
I had one zipped and one pipped right before I had to leave for work, and still 6 more with no pips yet.
It's so tempting to leave work early to go back home and keep an eye one them >.>

So the chick that had bled stayed right where he was all day with no progress yesterday, until last night. Two other chicks hatched (which I got to watch, it was awesome!) and they seemed to give him the encouragement to really get moving, but I had already stayed up later than I needed to so I had to go to bed and leave him alone and hope for the best. Woke up this morning to 5 healthy chicks, including him!, all walking and tumbling all over the bator, lol.
I had one zipped and one pipped right before I had to leave for work, and still 6 more with no pips yet.
It's so tempting to leave work early to go back home and keep an eye one them >.>

That's great news... and I know the feeling of wanting to leave work early... that will be me next Monday!

Back
Top Bottom