Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Sounds like a great plan, you're doing great! Soon you'll be a succulent pro, doing lithops hybridizationšŸ¤£! Always glad I can help! With hatching season approaching, I'm sure I'll need your valuable help as well ;)
Your knowledge on succulents has been SO helpful, I might have killed these plants without your help! I have been thinking about those Living Stones and want to try to grow some in the spring. I will definitely need MORE help with them. ;) Hopefully I can find some.

Your knowledge on succulents has been SO helpful, I might have killed these plants without your help! I have been thinking about those Living Stones and want to try to grow some in the spring. I will definitely need MORE help with them. ;) Hopefully I can find some.

I'm very glad to hear that, but I think you would've done very well on your own; you're an excellent plant mum! As for lithops, their care is pretty straightforward, it's all in the seasons! They flower sometime during autumn, when I see the flowers I stop the water, unless the plant is very shrivelled up. From winter into spring, they will shed their old "skin", during this time provide no water, as the roots have gone doormant. Rain (as is my case) can be deadly this time of year. Once completely done with shedding, I wait a couple of weeks and water for the first time. From that point on, I water whenever the plant tells me, trying not to go overboard, as these guys can very easily overwater. Here is one of mine in flower
20230922_172518.jpg

Calling Dr. @fluffycrow Plant Doctor.....we had an EMERGENCY!!

Ok, so I was looking around the succulents this morning, checking growth, flowers, just admiring them, etc... and I noticed the Echeveria didn't look quite right. The lower leaves were sort of sagging, just hanging sort of. I squeezed a leave and it was very soft and squishy very pliable, other lower leaves were too and it dawned on me, he might be fainting! (These leaves are dark green and the plant hasn't been watered since mid December). I panicked at first thinking either he is dying or he is thirsty, I mean what does my baby need! So I watered him well!

6 hours later his leaves are firm and no longer drooping, they are back to standing out, whew, I was scared because I really wasn't sure what to do! But I think he has been resecitated and is ok now!
You had me nervous there for a minute! I'm glad he resuscitated well!

Back
Top Bottom