Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Oh, goodness! I guess she's been a busy gal! 🤭

I would agree that that looks mauve, yes. I suspect the yellow ones are recessive white.

Which leaves the silvery ones... 🤔 Might have to let them start getting feathers and look at those.

The lighting makes it hard for me to be positive, but it does kinda look like the upper one might have chocolate specks and the lower one black flecks.

Are they doing the baby bobbles now that they're in the brooder? I just love it when they do the baby bobbles 🥰
Oh yes, they are doing all the bobbles and peeps that make you want to set more eggs 🤣

Recessive white!?! I wonder where that would have come from?

I think I'm going to have to keep one of each color just to see what happens 🤣

Oh yes, they are doing all the bobbles and peeps that make you want to set more eggs 🤣

Ughhh, I need a brooder full of bobbly babies, STAT!! 😍

Recessive white!?! I wonder where that would have come from?

Yeah, recessive white is pretty common in Silkies, so it does fit... but, of course, that only works if they feather in pure white.

I think I'm going to have to keep one of each color just to see what happens 🤣

Of course! For science! You have no choice but to! 🤭

This is from the chocolate pullet, is this a mauve?

View attachment 3751541
View attachment 3751542
I tend to think it'll be a silver splash. My mauve chick (Piper) looked like a very pale chocolate, almost tan. Mauve can tend to cover a wide range of tones though.

The yellow ones I've had are usually white chickens.

He was butt ugly as a chick lol.

IMG_0647.jpeg

Attachments

• 1708292326914.png
    1708292326914.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Ughhh, I need a brooder full of bobbly babies, STAT!! 😍

Yeah, recessive white is pretty common in Silkies, so it does fit... but, of course, that only works if they feather in pure white.

Of course! For science! You have no choice but to! 🤭
Yes! For science!

I'll just have to wait and see, I did have that white pullet we discussed in the genetics section that was maybe a splash with no splashes or partridge with no partridge 🤣 the one egg I thought might be from her didn't hatch though so no telling.

Come on sweet Nora, give Pipd some eggies, we need an incubator loaded up ASAP!

I tend to think it'll be a silver splash. My mauve chick (Piper) looked like a very pale chocolate, almost tan. Mauve can tend to cover a wide range of tones though.

The yellow ones I've had are usually white chickens.
What's a silver splash?

I have enough white chickens, I don't need more 🤣

Back
Top Bottom