LOCKDOWN tonight! (4/27) Who's with me!? =)

lamNervousNellie

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 24, 2011
Mishawaka, Indiana
I've got 9 eggs in the bator and just put them on lockdown about 15 minutes ago. I'm confident about 8 of them, and have my fingers crossed for the other one!
fl.gif
These are eggs laid by my hens and fertilized by my roo, Rocky
smile.png

Anybody else gonna be a 'nervous nellie'
hide.gif
these next few days?
lol.png

I locked down Monday night. 3 pips so far and one almost out! Silkies hatch first that I bought on e-bay and then the barnyard mixes I bought locally. First time hatching. I keep running to check on them every 5 minutes!

I went into lockdown monday night (day 18). First chick hatched Tuesday morning...oops. It had a bad club foot and got culled. Second chick hatched late early Wed morning. Its a Wyandotte cross and seems to be OK. I took it out and it eats and drinks, so we'll see. Hatched three more tonight so far.. one wyandotte cross, one golden-laced wyandotte, and one cuckoo maran. Five more are cracked, and 26 more still waiting for day 21. We bought the maran eggs but the others were bred here. First time hatching our own eggs.

I also have 8 turkey eggs in incubator #2 on day.....17 I think. Lockdown for them is May 5.

What fun!!!!!!!!

I more or less locked down this morning. I have three eggs that I still have to turn for they were put in 1 1/2 to 2 weeks later. I also have to add water. I do have one that I know for sure is rockin and there might be two or three others. I have 16 barnyard mutts in my homemade incubator.

Back
Top Bottom