London 2012!

Besides the no scoring it's to slow and uneventful. I think if you asked Americans why they don't like it in one word, most would say boring.

caf.gif
And that dreadful buzzing noise.

Besides the no scoring it's to slow and uneventful. I think if you asked Americans why they don't like it in one word, most would say boring.

caf.gif

This is just my opinion, and not an attack on your opinion!

I guess I find American football incredibly boring. The constant stopping, it seems to go nowhere fast. In soccer, stuff is constantly happening. And they are running the entire time, I mean, they just don't stop! They may not score as much, but when they do, it is BIG. Boring stuff isn't going on as they play, either. Depending on a team's tactics, they can be really aggressive and fun to watch as they play the other team.

Ooh, I love American football. I play Fantasy Football and have gotten second place the last 3 years running. I am hoping I will be the Champion this year. Show me the money! Mad respect to all athletes and the sports in which they practice.

This is just my opinion, and not an attack on your opinion!

I guess I find American football incredibly boring. The constant stopping, it seems to go nowhere fast. In soccer, stuff is constantly happening. And they are running the entire time, I mean, they just don't stop! They may not score as much, but when they do, it is BIG. Boring stuff isn't going on as they play, either. Depending on a team's tactics, they can be really aggressive and fun to watch as they play the other team.

We all have different opinions that's why there's different colors of paint.

frow.gif

I don't like any games that allow 'time outs'. This is purely tactical and used to stop the flow of the opponent, thereby often changing the natural course of the game. It is in my opinion very unsportsmanlike. I notice that it has started to creep into tennis lately, with players on a losing streak calling for their physio etc. This is entirely against the spirit of the game. Winning is all about who was best at that moment in time, and we all know that on a different day there may be a different winner. The huge cash prizes on offer has led to this decline in sporting standards, I'm sure. In every school I have ever worked in, somewhere are quoted those immortal words, 'It matters not who won or lost, but how they played the game'. I for one would love to see a return to those sentiments. I wonder if you agree?

Newfoundland, I agree. I love the Olympics because they are so inspiring, and I love gymnastics because I wish I could do it but probably will never be able to. Equestrian also is amazing. I, however, am dissapointed by the opening ceremonies, and don't think the closing will be any better. Putting such an emphasis on British pop culture and music may be cool to others, but it only entertains. It doesn't tell a story or inspire, wow or impress.

I am surprised equestrian is an Olympic sport. I always assumed it was about personal athletic ability.
What do you mean? That people riding horses don't have personal athletic ability? Now, from the aches in my legs, I know that is false! It involves so much fitness, strength, and skill.

Rhythmic Gymnastics: Now there's an interesting Olympic sport.

What do you mean? That people riding horses don't have personal athletic ability? Now, from the aches in my legs, I know that is false! It involves so much fitness, strength, and skill.

Rhythmic Gymnastics: Now there's an interesting Olympic sport.
When I think of the olympics I think of the person using his athletic ability to beat someone else. Not the better horse. That is why I don't see formula 1 racing during the olympics.

Well done the USA1! Well done also Great Britain - their in the Golds after two very populous countries is a great achievement.

Medal count

Table ViewBar View
Rank by Gold Country Gold Silver Bronze Total
United States of America
46 29 29 104
People's Republic of China
38 27 22 87
Great Britain
29 17 19 65
Russian Federation
24 25 33 82
Republic of Korea